• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Texas House Speaker declares 'constitutional carry' gun bill dead after gun-rights activist...

I didn’t realize he was an asshat. But I do like the idea of showing up at the door of our local politicians at the start of every legislative season and given them our wish list and reminding them that’s why we voted for them. I also don’t understand why him showing up to the doors of politicians would kill the bills, if he’s just a knucklehead.

Intimidation tactics ?
I know I wouldn't respond well if some known screwball showed up at my house when he knew it was just my family there.

imo mcnutt is a douche but none if this matters, if the speaker was camping on the bill imo they were trying to figure out how to kill/table it anyways. This is a state that regulates how many dildos someone can possess, anyone think they going to allow con carry?

If he doesn't respond to protests at his house, maybe they should try burning it down instead. These politicians are not going to respond to protests. It should be clear we're beyond that with people who dont really understand what a human right really is.

Intimidation tactics ?
I know I wouldn't respond well if some known screwball showed up at my house when he knew it was just my family there.
He is a public servant lets not forget that. Why is he a screwball? Did he threaten anyone, cause harm? break any laws?

Its why NH Legislators should be FORCED to list their personal phone numbers and their addresses should be a matter of public record.
Mine are. Almost all NH reps have their info in public. I wouldn't go so far as requiring it, but I'd suggest that any NH state rep who isn't easily contacted, shouldn't remain in office.

We don't have "offices" to visit, and no staff. I have a file drawer in the LOB; I don't even have a locker down in the basement. There's no one to take my phone calls except me, which is why my personal cell phone is listed. My street address is listed. I listed my legislative email address and prefer that for contact, because I want all communication on the record.

If Texas had the same public:legislator density as New Hampshire, they would have 8,700 state reps. Instead, they have just 150. While they do have a constitutionally limited session of 140 days in odd-numbered years, the truth is they work year round.

There is some speculation that Bonnen made this story up to justify his anti decision, and that McNutt was actually just in the neighborhood posting banners on public property, which he was allowed to do. Fox is still pushing the B.S. story...

There is some speculation that Bonnen made this story up to justify his anti decision... Fox is still pushing the B.S. story...

That is because FOX/FBN is staffed by a bunch of statist ass-kissers and progressive knobs. Many of whom unquestioningly regurgitate the same anti-gun rhetoric you hear on CNN/MSMBC.

There are only a couple people at FOX that occasionally speak up for 2A and its clear management keeps them on tight leash.

:emoji_tiger:

He is a public servant lets not forget that. Why is he a screwball? Did he threaten anyone, cause harm? break any laws?

This McNutt guy is a well know character who worked like hell to screw up a previous bill on open carry in Texas .
He pulled some real shit show stunts right about the time when it was already in the bag to make gun owners look like loons.
He's well know and despised in the 2A community there and there has been more that a little speculation the dude is a saboteur.
Do a search over on ARF for him and you'll find some gems.
Not sure if it's kosher to link it here.

This McNutt guy is a well know character who worked like hell to screw up a previous bill on open carry in Texas .
He pulled some real shit show stunts right about the time when it was already in the bag to make gun owners look like loons.
He's well know and despised in the 2A community there and there has been more that a little speculation the dude is a saboteur.

While true it isn't the point. This guy is the scapegoat, and if he hadn't been there they would have come up with another reason to kill that bill. This politician was not going to let this pass, he just hadn't found the right excuse yet.

It’s a really pussy move on the speakers part. He’s killing the bill because a supporter shows up at his house. The 2 things are unrelated. It’s just an excuse. Media here isn’t calling him out on it, coverage is uniformly supportive of his actions

While true it isn't the point. This guy is the scapegoat, and if he hadn't been there they would have come up with another reason to kill that bill. This politician was not going to let this pass, he just hadn't found the right excuse yet.

He may not have been going to pass it , but seeing as this is the second time this turnip has shown up and caused an issue at a critical point , you have to wonder.

What about the countless politicians that show up at our doors advocating for our votes???

How many politicians, not some aide or idiot kid trying to make a buck, have showed up to your door asking to vote for them during the last three Presidential elections? I had a long-winded general reply for the thread but there are so many variables and differing circumstances looking at this from both sides and to everyone's point that it isnt worth it. I know I dont want jemima's witnesses or ecen the cableguy showing up to my door to discuss why i dont have cable anymore so im not going to act like bothering someone at their residence over a controversial topic where the discussion may become heated is in anyway appropriate and not hypocritical.

Edit: ..or midterms

Last edited:
How many politicians, not some aide or idiot kid trying to make a buck, have showed up to your door asking to vote for them during the last three Presidential elections? I had a long-winded general reply for the thread but there are so many variables and differing circumstances looking at this from both sides and to everyone's point that it isnt worth it. I know I dont want jemima's witnesses or ecen the cableguy showing up to my door to discuss why i dont have cable anymore so im not going to act like bothering someone at their residence over a controversial topic where the discussion may become heated is in anyway appropriate and not hypocritical.

Edit: ..or midterms
During the course of my life I’ve had well over 30 people running for office knock on my door. And yes this election I had a gentleman knock on my door running for State Rep. I don’t know where you live but if u are immune to these public service leeches coming to your door and asking for a job then good for you,I hope u are enjoying your little piece of Utopia.This isn’t about salesman or religious idiots coming to your door, don’t know why you are mentioning it...

Given what we've seen these days wouldn't put it past bloomberg et al to "create" such a character to perpetuate a form of fraud...

I agree, but it's worth noting that if this guy is a foil, then he becomes a crutch that shitty pols can lean on...

He may not have been going to pass it , but seeing as this is the second time this turnip has shown up and caused an issue at a critical point , you have to wonder.
Shhhh..don't make any sounds, keep still, they may pass a law FOR A RIGHT !!! They should be reminded that it's the peoples government. and it's a constitutional right. The speaker was just looking for any excuse and it's a piss poor one at that.

Back
Top Bottom