• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Texas House Speaker declares 'constitutional carry' gun bill dead after gun-rights activist...

Reptile

NES Member
Texas House Speaker Dennis Bonnen declared Friday that a “constitutional carry” gun bill was dead after a gun rights activist showed up at his Houston-area home to advocate for it.

Chris McNutt, executive director of Texas Gun Rights and a supporter of the legislation that would allow Texans to carry firearms with a license, showed up to Bonnen’s home in Lake Jackson on Wednesday to question why the bill had stalled, according to the Dallas Morning News.

Bonnen, a Republican, was in the state capital of Austin but his wife teenage sons were inside the home. He said McNutt's actions were a demonstration of "insanity" and called him an "overzealous advocate for criminals to get a gun."

Texas House Speaker declares 'constitutional carry' gun bill dead after gun-rights activist shows up at his home

I can see anti's pretending to be gun rights activists doings this as a false flag.

Texas House Speaker Dennis Bonnen declared Friday that a “constitutional carry” gun bill was dead after a gun rights activist showed up at his Houston-area home to advocate for it.

Chris McNutt, executive director of Texas Gun Rights and a supporter of the legislation that would allow Texans to carry firearms with a license, showed up to Bonnen’s home in Lake Jackson on Wednesday to question why the bill had stalled, according to the Dallas Morning News.

Bonnen, a Republican, was in the state capital of Austin but his wife teenage sons were inside the home. He said McNutt's actions were a demonstration of "insanity" and called him an "overzealous advocate for criminals to get a gun."

Texas House Speaker declares 'constitutional carry' gun bill dead after gun-rights activist shows up at his home

I can see anti's pretending to be gun rights activists doings this as a false flag.

Sadly, MANY Republican politicians claiming to be on our side really aren’t, or really just don’t give a sh*t about what those they pretend to agree with, think.

I didn't know Charlie Faker had family in Texas..[rofl]
Looky at my big bright American flag that I say I respect. [slap]
Now watch me piss on the rights of it's people..For some cheap trinkets.[puke2]

Why is it people think America is represented by those in govt.?
When it is those in govt. that are trying to destroy America...[iwojima]

So let me get this straight. One guy shows up at his house when he's back in Austin and due to this, he declares an open carry bill dead? Clearly, this politician is not in support of the bill to begin with if ONE overzealous activist "changes" his mind on the bill. Like someone said, sounds like a Charlie Faker in Texas.

I’ll say I don’t favor the idea of uninvited visits to a politician’s home, soliciting debate when they are out shopping or dining in a non-official capacity or any communication with their family, assuming their family stays out of the politics. Call, write and email. Visit their office or demonstrate while they are in the course of business at government sites , while out campaigning or among constituents.

When gun right advocates win, it’s as much the arguements as the civility and decorum that drives those wins. We don’t shout “child killers, the blood is on your hands” or get hand-wringing, sobbing and emotional in the public forum.

Trump is President because Hillary was a lying, scheming politician, the Democrats stayed home and many were tired of being taken advantage of. GOP lost ground mid-terms partly because Democrats mobilized and partly because the liberal media drove liberals to actually vote based on Trump-hate. The Democrats linked guns to Trump-hate and are bringing anti-gun bills forward at a dizzying pace. Some will pass in some states. Many will not be enforced or are unenforceable, while other will be ignored by “honest, law-abiding gun owners” who can be made criminals overnight but know they are not in their hearts.

Exercise your civil rights to speak out and make clear there will be retribution in the coming elections. I don’t think of it as “the high ground” but just the effective way to get the job done without going low. There may be a time and place - but not yet. Just my opinion.

The paper reported that McNutt posted rants on Facebook for the bill’s lack of movement prior to driving to Bonnen’s house. McNutt told local media outlets that Bonnen’s response was a "deliberate overreaction."

“If politicians like Speaker Dennis Bonnen think they can show up at the doorsteps of Second Amendment supporters and make promises to earn votes in the election season, they shouldn't be surprised when we show up in their neighborhoods to insist they simply keep their promises in the legislative session," he said.

I vote that the guy who showed up, if it happened at all, was an anti posing as a gun rights activist. I smell a Jussie Smollet.

I smell a Jussie Smollet.
you can smell what you want. what the other side sees is the stereotypical redneck yahoo that calls themselves gun owners and defenders of the 2nd. acting like mcnutt, doesn't help the cause. this is the reason why you don't go to state house rallies with an ar strapped to your back and "cold dead hands" tee shirts. behavior like this, in my opinion, hurts the pro 2a movement. I personally want the opposition to see we aren't even close to their stereotype of gun owners. bonnen got pissed someone went to his house to act a fool outside, especially when he wasn't there, only the wife and his sons. anyone here who posts they wouldn't be upset if someone did this at their house i'll call a liar.

I hate these low lying, air wasting, dumber than a stump, greedy, soy boy, politicians.
The constitution was not written as a deterrent to stop criminals, genocide or killers and murderers.
It was written to empower the people, so that no matter where they stood on American soil, everyone was free from oppression.
It guaranteed at birth the right to free speech, the right to defend ones self and our freedom!

The constitution when it was written was thought of as a god given right!
Not some political means of advancement at the cost of the citizen's rights..

The left surely is pushing for that last box...
You can't give of that, which is not of yours to give!

Last edited:
I’ll say I don’t favor the idea of uninvited visits to a politician’s home, soliciting debate when they are out shopping or dining in a non-official capacity or any communication with their family, assuming their family stays out of the politics. Call, write and email. Visit their office or demonstrate while they are in the course of business at government sites , while out campaigning or among constituents.

When gun right advocates win, it’s as much the arguements as the civility and decorum that drives those wins. We don’t shout “child killers, the blood is on your hands” or get hand-wringing, sobbing and emotional in the public forum.

Trump is President because Hillary was a lying, scheming politician, the Democrats stayed home and many were tired of being taken advantage of. GOP lost ground mid-terms partly because Democrats mobilized and partly because the liberal media drove liberals to actually vote based on Trump-hate. The Democrats linked guns to Trump-hate and are bringing anti-gun bills forward at a dizzying pace. Some will pass in some states. Many will not be enforced or are unenforceable, while other will be ignored by “honest, law-abiding gun owners” who can be made criminals overnight but know they are not in their hearts.

Exercise your civil rights to speak out and make clear there will be retribution in the coming elections. I don’t think of it as “the high ground” but just the effective way to get the job done without going low. There may be a time and place - but not yet. Just my opinion.
I agree with you. But the guy that went to this politicians house had a very good point that I never considered...” if politicians can come to our homes and knock on our doors to get us to vote for them then why can’t we go to their homes and tell them to vote on the bills we put them in office for.”

I agree 100% with this guy and as long as your not an ass about it and constantly abuse it then it’s fair game to knock on these peoples doors and tell them what bills we are for or against. I’ve had my door knocked on many of times in my life and I’m sure most of you have too.

See, this right here is where you become your own worst enemy. You dont show up to people's homes to advocate for shit. I dont care what it's about. Oh well.. another missed opportunity.

Texas it way too large and diverse population wise... politicians are not going to go for constitutional carry there...they don't want certain people carrying

I agree with you. But the guy that went to this politicians house had a very good point that I never considered...” if politicians can come to our homes and knock on our doors to get us to vote for them then why can’t we go to their homes and tell them to vote on the bills we put them in office for.”

I agree 100% with this guy and as long as your not an ass about it and constantly abuse it then it’s fair game to knock on these peoples doors and tell them what bills we are for or against. I’ve had my door knocked on many of times in my life and I’m sure most of you have too.

In this case though , the dumbass knew the politician was not home.
So what was the point of showing up at the guy's house ?
Like I mentioned in an earlier post, the guy pulled this stunt before. There was a thread on ARF I read last night and some of the folks from Texas knew who this flake was and he had messed up another pending bill.
They aren't too happy with him.

Last edited:
you can smell what you want. what the other side sees is the stereotypical redneck yahoo that calls themselves gun owners and defenders of the 2nd. acting like mcnutt, doesn't help the cause. this is the reason why you don't go to state house rallies with an ar strapped to your back and "cold dead hands" tee shirts. behavior like this, in my opinion, hurts the pro 2a movement. I personally want the opposition to see we aren't even close to their stereotype of gun owners. bonnen got pissed someone went to his house to act a fool outside, especially when he wasn't there, only the wife and his sons. anyone here who posts they wouldn't be upset if someone did this at their house i'll call a liar.
And, that wasn't what I was saying at all. As the speaker isn't a pro gun guy, although he campaigned as one to get elected, then promptly began weakening the pro-gun position of the Texas house by adding anti-gun people to key committees.

Maybe, but McNutt is living up to his name.

I need some 'splainin' on how Residential Stalking of Lawmakers is a good idea for convincing Statists to relax.

I agree completely. I currently serve as an elected (over 15 yrs now) official in my home town. I do not play into the small town backyard politics. I vote my conscience in what I belive is the public good. Early on I had a couple “connected people” show up at my house to try and change my position. I stopped that really quick. I will make myself readily available at the public office during business hours (as a unpaid volunteer). Do not show up at my house, you will not be welcomed and will be pointed to call the office and make an appointment. I think he performed a disservice to the cause.

In this case though , the dumbass knew the politician was not home.
So what was the point of showing up at the guy's house ?
Like I mentioned in an earlier post, the guy pulled this stunt before. There was a thread on ARF I read last night and some of the folks from Texas knew who this flake was and he had messed up another pending bill.
They aren't too happy with him.
I didn’t realize he was an asshat. But I do like the idea of showing up at the door of our local politicians at the start of every legislative season and given them our wish list and reminding them that’s why we voted for them. I also don’t understand why him showing up to the doors of politicians would kill the bills, if he’s just a knucklehead.

See, this right here is where you become your own worst enemy. You dont show up to people's homes to advocate for shit. I dont care what it's about. Oh well.. another missed opportunity.
What about the countless politicians that show up at our doors advocating for our votes???

Fair is fair. My state senator showed up at my door and I answered it in a towel. Half way through a shave.

If they expect to be on our door steps to reach out and connect... Double standards are non democratic!

Stalking? Is that what it's called when a politician knocks on your door or calls your house, looking for votes?
I call it tiring. Digging those holes by hand in the backyard to bury them ain't easy. This is why I keep one in the basement. It puts the lotion on it's skin or else it gets the hose again.

Okay I will admit to one difference. Politikies showing up at random doors without knowinf whose door they are tapping on is a step more removed.

However, both her and the person she was running against had lists with names and addresses in their hands.

So double it up.

Back
Top Bottom