Texas couple finds M16s in storage cases purchased from govt surplus site

I'm shocked they didn't arrest everyone, lock them up on no bail until a trial date 20 years in the future.
After all, they arrested a guy for illegal machine gun simply because the trigger failed.
It was TX, not MA. In MA, you'd probably be correct.

Why does nothing like this ever happen to me? Of course, if it did you wouldn't know. Because I wouldn't be a moron and report it like either of these two cuckold queens.

What a putz. I would keep them but make sure I registered every single one in MA so as not to upset Maura. LOL.

What a putz. I would keep them but make sure I registered every single one in MA so as not to upset Maura. LOL.

Haha. Imagine some dullard ef10-ing a batch of stolen fully automatic weapons, from the .suck no less.

That would be for the "No good deed goes unpunished" file. That quite possibly could be a life ender.

Anyone else find it odd, that a husband & wife who turned the guns in because "bad" also had a 30-rounder laying around to insert for the photo-op?
I mean, the rifle case does not allow room for a mag... right?

1664322877782.png

Anyone else find it odd, that a husband & wife who turned the guns in because "bad" also had a 30-rounder laying around to insert for the photo-op?
I mean, the rifle case does not allow room for a mag... right?

View attachment 667172
made me sleuth.

Look real carefully. At 0:58 you can see there are magazines under the stock and handguard. Looks like (at least) two per rifle. Somebody put some care into designing that case.

edit: outlining one of them from your picture -
1664323841710.png

Last edited:
made me sleuth.

Look real carefully. At 0:58 you can see there are magazines under the stock and handguard. Looks like (at least) two per rifle. Somebody put some care into designing that case.
Ooh. Good catch! I never watched the video. Only looked at the photo... but there they are!

1664323927198.png

Video was... inspiring. The Surplus Seller stopped shipment of crates that it had in stock.
I wonder how many rifles made it out, but receivers had tight lips...?

When moving batches of cases around on pallets, it is easy to miss a weight discrepancy.
Yes, but the story was that the buyers of this lot gave one case to a friend for helping them move them, and that one case happened to have rifles in it when he opened it.

So... they moved all those empty cases by hand into a storage unit, and didn't notice that this one was 100 pounds heavier? (12 M16A2s @8.3 pounds apiece, plus 24 ea. 30 round mags)

I'll be honest - ain't nobody got time for "watching." I kept it silent and just did recon by fire - poking the timeline slider until it was showing pictures of the crates.
Video Sniper!

to be honest I would probably turn them back in, after I placed an order for about 10 lower parts kits
That sounds like it could end up being a brilliant move, or it could turn horribly wrong for you.…I’m in!

Not to be a killjoy, but what possible use would they be other than a SHTF/Apocalypse scenario?
You can't take them out anywhere for a bit of fun because eventually some Karen would notify LE about "some scary guy up the road who's shooting machine guns".

Not to be a killjoy, but what possible use would they be other than a SHTF/Apocalypse scenario?
You can't take them out anywhere for a bit of fun because eventually some Karen would notify LE about "some scary guy up the road who's shooting machine guns".

so they sit quietly in your closet gathering dust like mom's china set that was a wedding gift. Then, when things get really really bad in society, suddenly you have a very well equipped neighborhood watch group. Your homework now is to find out who in the neighborhood is of like mindset.

Well enough equipped to stack Antifa bodies like logs, and with enough firepower to discourage the police from harassing your group. It's one thing for the pd to go 9 on 1 against some guy holed up in a house. Another thing to roll into a neighborhood facing dispersed opposing forces in fighting positions. You don't get home safely for dinner that way. If things get that bad, the police will be protecting the wealthy and politically connected anyhow.

Last edited:
Shouldn't those "people of like mindset" already have equipment of their own? Equipment is less important than training, after all, and they're not training with this equipment, that you're holding, in advance if you have it locked up...

Shouldn't those "people of like mindset" already have equipment of their own? Equipment is less important than training, after all, and they're not training with this equipment in advance if you have it locked up.

they should absolutely have equipment of their own, but these "military surplus" rifles are a gift from God. They would both give the people more actual firepower and allow their ef10's weapons to be confiscated, thus surviving the above mentioned 9 on 1 encounters.

As far as training goes, although it would be 100pct ideal to practice with what you are going to shoot, is not doing so a deal breaker? If a bunch of guys and girls practice maneuvering and engagement using mini's, ak's, mausers, etc, is it all that big a deal to just slip another rifle into their hands?

they should absolutely have equipment of their own, but these "military surplus" rifles are a gift from God. They would both give the people more actual firepower and allow their ef10's weapons to be confiscated, thus surviving the above mentioned 9 on 1 encounters.
I see what you're getting at
As far as training goes, although it would be 100pct ideal to practice with what you are going to shoot, is not doing so a deal breaker? If a bunch of guys and girls practice maneuvering and engagement using mini's, ak's, mausers, etc, is it all that big a deal to just slip another rifle into their hands?
That's totally fine.

They would be strictly cache guns for SHTF/Apocalypse scenarios. Cost effective way to go. The only out of pocket expenses would be raw materials required to properly construct the cache, two dozen magazines per rifle and 2,000 rounds per rifle. Buried, of course, on public land.

Back
Top Bottom