Terrorist attack in Boston?

dwarven1 said:
I have to wonder about that. I mean, people have heard of the Pru and the Hancock, but who's ever heard of IP outside of MA?

If somebody were to fly a plane into it, it would be famous pretty quickly. That continuous coverage of a 40 or so twin tower complex on fire would be at least moderately spectacular. Especially given that it's in downtown, over looks the new Big Dig, is a stone's throw from Logan, and so on.

Frankly, the "best" target in Boston is the T.

Gary

Garys said:
Frankly, the "best" target in Boston is the T.
It's certainly the easiest to hit. All they'd have to do is take out someplace like Downtown Crossing or Park and that'd shut down most of the system!

dwarven1 said:
It's certainly the easiest to hit. All they'd have to do is take out someplace like Downtown Crossing or Park and that'd shut down most of the system!

Either would do nicely. Any nasty chemical would flow nicely through the tunnels and cause havoc in several stations. That sort of thing happens when they have a fire in the tunnels. There's a constant draft and it moves smoke very nicely.

I seem to recall that the military did some experiments in the subway system of another city several years ago. They used a harmless biological substance which they released in one station. They were able to retrieve samples all up and down the line.

Gary

Garys said:
I seem to recall that the military did some experiments in the subway system of another city several years ago. They used a harmless biological substance which they released in one station. They were able to retrieve samples all up and down the line.

Gary

No, that's what the T always smells like. It's urine.

the best target for maximum chaos i wouold imagine is the tunnels under the harbor like the sumner etc..
i would imagine some creatively placed explosives in a couple staggered vehicles in those tunnels would turn most of downtown into a Lake.

Yea, those are over here in Quincy Harbor all the time. And it's pretty populated...and then you have the ship yard, and the storage facility.

It would all go up pretty quickly. It would also take out that draw bridge going from weymouth to Hingham. or Quincy to Weymouth. whatever it is..

That would cause some havoc... Don't think that it would be as much as the T, but it wouldn't be pretty.

Back
Top Bottom