• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Tenessee provides CCW permit information to the public

http://www.commercialappeal.com/data/gunpermits/

Type in a TN zip code and see what comes up. Click on someone's name to find their full name, age, where they live, and when the permit was given / when it will expire.

[angry]

wow. Why don't you just give the criminals a shopping list?

Perhaps they'll list the types of guns people own and the location of the safe while they are at it.

This is why permits are a bad idea. Giving government personal information can only lead to trouble. In other news, Obama wants all of your medical records.

Helps the rapist know which woman and ages can protect themselves as well.[thinking]

So when are they going to list all the people on welfare, foodstamps, illegal aliens?

Oh right that would be an invasion of their privacy, nevermind

That is pretty stupid. There is no need for that to be public info.

The Coast Guard does something similar with documented vessels as well. I really can't understand it. All a person has to do is see the name of a boat, punch it up online and they will get the make,model,year, owners name, and complete address. It also listed previous owners and vessel names. Same type idea though. All a criminal has to do is sit at a dock or go walk a marina. Look for the nice boats. It stands to reason if they got a nice boat they probably got some nice stuff at home.

This is such an egregious trashing of the privacy rights of these individuals by the state, I am sure that the American Civil Liberties Union will file a court challenge on their behalf!

Cool. You can even type in just a first name.

So like, if you had a fetish for girls with a name like Tiffany, you can get just about everything you need to stalk her.

Good to know the leadership of Tennessee has their citizen's best interest and safety in mind...

Imagine this in MA. Your moonbat co-worker looks you up, realizes you are probably carrying, calls the cops on you (assume no work policy prohibition) that you have a gun. The CLEO takes the permit away because you were imprinting and your boss cans you because (s)he can. And (s)he couldn't see a goddamned thing until she saw that list.

What do you expect? Aren't they all related? It's the only state in the Union where they can say, "Happy Birthday, Uncle Dad!"

[smile]

Sorry, I usually only lurk, but couldn't let this one go. This list will be posted until TN is sued because some thug ID'd a home with guns and went and stole them - or worse.

I remember reading a comment on a newspaper page recently where the newspaper published all the LTC info of people in a particular state (Virginia? I don't remember which state for sure).

Anyway, a woman posted a comment saying something like "Thanks, I've been hiding out from my abusive ex-boyfriend for the past 5 years, and now I have to move, again."

More damages, problems and deaths are caused by licensed people legally driving cars than by licensed people legally carrying guns.

Imagine this in MA. Your moonbat co-worker looks you up, realizes you are probably carrying, calls the cops on you (assume no work policy prohibition) that you have a gun. The CLEO takes the permit away because you were imprinting and your boss cans you because (s)he can. And (s)he couldn't see a goddamned thing until she saw that list.

Don't give them any ideas.

What a nice way to help out the criminals.

A rapist can find all the CCW holders in his town. Then he can target the families who do not have guns.

Of course now, a robber can also target the CCW holders when they are not home and steal the guns.

wow. Why don't you just give the criminals a shopping list?

Perhaps they'll list the types of guns people own and the location of the safe while they are at it.

If I recall, in Canada there is some list of people who own guns and what guns they have. Now, that is a shopping list.

I bet if the US ever creates a national ID card, the gun owners will be searchable online too.

Back
Top Bottom