TangoDown 'Stubby' VS. GG&G Modular Handguard

In this corner, we have self proclaimed 'WILL FIT MIL-STD 1913 RAILS' TangoDown 'Stubby' Grip w/ two locking bars

::::ding ding ding:::::

In in this corner we have the GG&G Tactical Modular Handguard proclaimed to be 'MIL-STD 1913 RAILS'!!!!!!

FIGHTTTT

So after FINALLY getting the friggin grip all the way down to the position that I wanted, the 'locking bars' on the grip would not fit up into one of the "MIL-STD 1913 rails". After reading a bit on the net, the common consensus was to shave down some of the grip to fit. Shave the grip down!?!?! I just paid $65 for this damn thing. Long story short, the 'locking bars' on the TangoDown don't fit into the rails AT ALL. I took the grip apart to just see if ONE of the locking bars would fit into a rail and no dice. The locking bar MAYBE fits 1/8 of the way into the rail. So where do I go from here? Do I blame my GG&G Handguard to be "out of spec" or do I give the crown to the TangoDown? I hope this makes some sense to the ones who own either product. Thanks in advance to anyone with advice, good or bad.

Back
Top Bottom