TADCO in Burlington?

Does anybody know anything about TADCO Enterprises, LTD in Burlington, MA?

Google has a few references to them, but it looks like their web site is dead. I've lived in the area for a while, but never heard of them until I stumbled across a hyperlink the other day...

What do you want to know? I've known the owners for many years and feel that you can trust them as a good dealer.

The shop is small, doesn't have a tremendous amount of stock and their hours are extremely limited, to the point that I only see them at gun shows these days.

Tom & Valerie are very nice folks. They do all the MA/NH gun shows and both have full-time jobs in other professions as well, which accounts for the limited hours of operation.

Location is the left side of a white commercial building, on the left, just before the traffic light at the town square as you would be heading to Building 19.

What do you want to know?

Pretty much what you've provided; thanks. Was just wondering if they were still in business, and if so, do they sell retail (the Google references implied that they might have been on-line only) and if anybody had good or bad experiences to relate. I typically give all my business to Four Seasons, and I'm perfectly happy with them, but was surprised to hear that there was another shop so close.

Yes, they are retail. They aren't any competition to Carl due to little stock and few hours of operation.

Usually when I'm at a training event on a late afternoon I would stop in Tadco, but last time I did that I found that they had cut back hours and wouldn't be open that particular evening any more.

Adam,

I wish I knew his hours!

All that I know for sure is that they are evenings only (maybe Saturday if no gun show).

You might give Tom a call at (781) 993-9243 and then post any results.

If they don't have any message on the phone with hours, you might try Faxing them to ask: (781) 993-9162

THeir address is: 135 Cambridge St., Burlington, MA 01803

LenS: based on your earlier comments, I called the TADCO number last week and left a message on the machine. I also checked out the store site and noted a sign on the door which states that he has been doing business strictly on an "appointment-only" basis since last December. Tom returned my call the next next day and I had a very nice conversation with him about 1911s. He's not doing much business in them right now, but I get the impression that IF he has access to an item that you need, he'll be happy to get it for you. He left a very favorable impression, and I'm glad to know that he's in the area.

In my own case, I decided to visit Four Seasons this morning to check out a Colt Series 80 MK IV that popped up on their Used page yesterday. While there, I decided to also look at a brand new S&W 1911.
I liked it MUCH more than I was expecting to. So much so, that it followed me home, along with 250 rounds of .45 ACP.

I think that the AG and "List" pretty much killed Tadco's gun business in MA. I wouldn't be surprised if they were concentrating on gun shows and online sales instead (avoiding MA to a large degree).

I was pleasantly surprised with the S&W 1911 myself. That's how one followed me home last October! Enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom