Tactical Training on Your Living Room Couch

June4th

NES Member
I was cleaning my new revolver last night and watching "Numbers" on my Tivo (no ammo in the room, BTW), and the FBI agents started chasing down some bad guys. Jokingly, I started pointing the bad guys on TV and dry firing. One of my shot coincided with a good guy's and the bad guy went down. My wife was amused.

My thought: a 55" TV at 15' away can be a pretty good simulator here. After I put the laser grip on the gun, it felt even better. My wife could even keep score for me as she watched TV. [smile]

Oh, make sure the gun is unloaded, .357 magnum tend to have 100% stopping power against most TV sets...[laugh]

There was some guy a few months ago who had a break-in and a shoot out. His rear protection (or LCD?) TV was shot twice. It still functioned, minus two circular areas.

There was some guy a few months ago who had a break-in and a shoot out. His rear protection (or LCD?) TV was shot twice. It still functioned, minus two circular areas.

And wouldn't you know it, those little "circles" area are where all the actions happens...

Back
Top Bottom