• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

tactical shotgun laws

Did a little searching kind of came up short. Looking to get a Remington 870 with a 18in barrel and extended tube. I would like to put some goodies on it like a adjustable stock, pistol grip and side saddle stuff like that. Is there any laws in mass that I would be breaking?

Thanks jim

With a pump shotgun you can do basically whatever you want as long as the barrel is >= 18". There may be a minimum overall length limit but I can't find it at the moment.

Edit:

M.G.L. ch 140 section 121

“Sawed-off shotgun”, any weapon made from a shotgun, whether by alteration, modification or otherwise, if such weapon as modified has one or more barrels less than 18 inches in length or as modified has an overall length of less than 26 inches.

Last edited:
MGL c. 140 § 121 (Definitions):

"Shotgun", a weapon having a smooth bore with a barrel length equal to or greater than 18 inches with an overall length equal to or greater than 26 inches, and capable of discharging a shot or bullet for each pull of the trigger.

Back
Top Bottom