Tactical Response booted from Sac Valley Shooting Center in CA

This time. Eventually TR is going to kill someone.

Hope it never comes to that. Funny thing is that if you substituted Yeager's wispy beard for a real one, he looks a lot like my brother. I crack up imagining my brother saying the cr@p Yeager does.

RichC quotes the cached Yelp review where a student clearly states he was berated by Yeager for requesting a refund after this incident. Yet in the middle of his video rant / pseudo apology, Yeager states that not a single student stepped up and asked for a refund. Easy enough to troll on Yelp before the account was shut down, but Yeager was selling hard the 'fact' that no refunds were requested. Maybe selling a little too hard...

All the self promotion reminds me of someone, but I can't quite remember who...

bow_zpsihq5yb96.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Hope it never comes to that. Funny thing is that if you substituted Yeager's wispy beard for a real one, he looks a lot like my brother. I crack up imagining my brother saying the cr@p Yeager does.

RichC quotes the cached Yelp review where a student clearly states he was berated by Yeager for requesting a refund after this incident. Yet in the middle of his video rant / pseudo apology, Yeager states that not a single student stepped up and asked for a refund. Easy enough to troll on Yelp before the account was shut down, but Yeager was selling hard the 'fact' that no refunds were requested. Maybe selling a little too hard...

All the self promotion reminds me of someone, but I can't quite remember who...

bow_zpsihq5yb96.png
[/URL][/IMG]

I believe he said that no one stepped up at the end of the class when it was asked if they wanted a refund. He implied people complained after, but not when they were directly asked at the end of the class.

I wanted to understand why the gun discharged, so I went looking for other comments with information about what happened. I got the impression that it did not happen when the class was formally in session, rather on a break or some such. Somebody was complaining about the gun drop after the fact. The instructor wanted to make the point that he wasn't above doing it himself and dropped his own gun. Don't know if he stepped on it, stomped on it, or "ground" it as if putting out a cigarette, but he was trying to make one point and ended up making a very different one.

This guy refused a refund when it was offered at the end of the class. Then he changed his mind later. I would not assume that such a guarantee would be available later. What I would expect is that you have an opportunity to get a refund at the end of class, presumably based on whether you thought the class was useful to you are not.

Considering that the instructor had an ND that endangered students, I think TR owes the guy a refund, even if it took the student some consideration to come to that conclusion.

Intentionally dropping a loaded gun on the ground is negligent.

Last edited:
Considering that the instructor had an ND that endangered students, I thin TR owes the guy a refund, even if it took the student some consideration to come to that conclusion.

Intentionally dropping a loaded gun on the ground is negligent.

I agree with the second sentence. I see no connection whatsoever with the issue of who should be given a refund for the class. If you want a refund, you need to ask for it when it is offered. If you refuse, then you're done. For that matter, if you were inclined to ask for a refund on that basis, you should have left the class immediately after the ND.

I see no connection whatsoever with the issue of who should be given a refund for the class. If you want a refund, you need to ask for it when it is offered. If you refuse, then you're done. For that matter, if you were inclined to ask for a refund on that basis, you should have left the class immediately after the ND.

Given the stress response caused by nearly being shot by an ND, I can see someone needing some time to think about it. And given the fact of the ND, the right thing for TR to do would be to refund the money to the student.

Also, I know we have a lot of military and former military here. I assume some of which were involved in combat occupations and operations. Ever been trained to throw your firearms and stomp them? I sure haven't, but I'm no operator.

We were trained to respect our weapons and keep them clean and serviceable. We weren't afraid of mud and they got plenty dirty but no, I personally never saw anyone throw a gun in the dirt and jump on it on purpose.

Given the stress response caused by nearly being shot by an ND, I can see someone needing some time to think about it. And given the fact of the ND, the right thing for TR to do would be to refund the money to the student.

I could agree that it's the right thing to do. For that matter, everybody should get a refund. Why this one guy? The nature of the ND was that it could have shattered anybody's ankle in the class, and you probably don't make a full recovery from that kind of injury. But with this guy in particular, I got a sneaking suspicion that it was just about the money, that he was a lot more traumatized by Yeager's response than the ND. It's just a feeling. I might be wrong.

Yeah, because I can see no reason why anyone would be uncomfortable with having to explain in front of everyone why you want a refund from the guy who's negligence almost got someone shot and did damage someones property. None at all. Especially when the whole thing is presented in a way that anyone who would want a refund must be a crybaby and loser.

From some posts from the thread in Calguns forum, it seems like not everyone in the class was even there for or aware of the ND till later. So to later find out your instructor negligently shot a students car, yeah, even if they didn't think so at the time asked, them later wanting a refund is completely reasonable, IMO.

I do agree with you though, everyone should get a refund.

We were trained to respect our weapons and keep them clean and serviceable. We weren't afraid of mud and they got plenty dirty but no, I personally never saw anyone throw a gun in the dirt and jump on it on purpose.

+1. Guns cost money. Gun owners are either civilians or veterans who have to pay for our guns out of our own pockets or we're gifted guns from people who pay for them. I'm not going to drop, throw or in any way damage something I paid my money for.

As for Yeager, I'm really surprised no one lit him up or fragged him in Iraq.

Back
Top Bottom