Tactical Response booted from Sac Valley Shooting Center in CA

Admin

Staff Member
Administrator
NES Member
https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1168813

"During the recent (Feb 17-18) Tactical Response "Fighting Pistol" course near Sacramento, an instructor instructed the students to throw their pistols on the ground, then the instructor proceeded to stomp on the pistols to make some point along the lines of "these things aren't meant to be pretty, they're meant to be tools, so treat them as such" (quotes mine). He then threw his own pistol onto the ground and stomped on it--resulting in a round being fired parallel to the line of students, into a student's truck, with a possible ricochet towards who-knows-what."

[rofl]

I was just reading/watching this. Hilarious! That guy really is a piece of work. I love how in his response the first 3 minutes you are thinking, wow, he owned up and is taking responsibility and then...he immediately back peddles and starts blaming the student, California (which he specifically said he wouldn't even talk about), and other goodies.

Just wow.

Jesus, he actually owned up to his employee doing something stupid then spent 5 mins literally taking it all back. Sadly I'm not surprised.

Just goes to show that calling yourself a professional doesn't necessarily mean you'll conduct yourself in a professional manner.

The instructor went full James Yeager. Never go full James Yeager.

The number of nuthuggers in the comments of that video is just amazing. I don't understand how people can think that it is OK to throw a gun down in the dirt, have an ND, and then respond with "poop happens". That poop happened because of spectacularly irresponsible gun handling.

Last edited:
From Yelp cache:

"It is rare I Yelp rate anyone, positive or negative. I attended a 2 day fighting pistol class on 2/17-2/18 2016 in Sacramento. One of the instructors shot my friends truck while we were all circled around it. He broke all 4 of the cardinal rules. When I asked for a refund directly to Yeager, he insulted me and refused to negotiate a refund. Their 100% money back guarantee is ridiculous in its current format. I beg you to look elsewhere unless you like people shooting at you. Front Sight, Travis Hailey, anywhere else. The sheep will follow anybody they think is cool. Oh yeah, this is a foul mouthed class. They will call you everything from F***tard to nuts*ck throughout the entire class. Leave the women and children behind. It's more like a frat party for guys who think they know more than they do. Good lecture though, and I liked Jay. I read a bunch of crap about Yeager and figured people are gonna hate. But until I get refunded for being put in the line of fire, I gotta believe them. They did buy my friend 2 new tires for his truck right on the spot. I guess that was my refund money. This is all 100% true. I have only so much space to review and there is more. Be careful folks, you have been warned."

Jesus, he actually owned up to his employee doing something stupid then spent 5 mins literally taking it all back. Sadly I'm not surprised.

"You weren't gonna train with us anyway!"

"If you don't throw your gun in the dirt, you're wrong."

Two of my faves from that vid. Love how he thinks everyone who wants to maintain the aesthetic condition of their gun is dumb. Apparently, he's never sold a gun before...

Also, I know we have a lot of military and former military here. I assume some of which were involved in combat occupations and operations. Ever been trained to throw your firearms and stomp them? I sure haven't, but I'm no operator.

"You weren't gonna train with us anyway!"

"If you don't throw your gun in the dirt, you're wrong."

Two of my faves from that vid. Love how he thinks everyone who wants to maintain the aesthetic condition of their gun is dumb. Apparently, he's never sold a gun before...

It is a retarded mindset on a fighting gun, frankly, but I usually don't go out of my way to mash such guns in the dirt either. If you're gonna practice hard with it, it's going to get war wounds, slide wear, holster wear, etc... The people who baby commodity guns kinda crack me up. Telling someone they're "weak" because they don't abuse their gear though is the definition of full retard.

-Mike

"You weren't gonna train with us anyway!" "If you don't throw your gun in the dirt, you're wrong." Two of my faves from that vid. Love how he thinks everyone who wants to maintain the aesthetic condition of their gun is dumb. Apparently, he's never sold a gun before...

If you spend time training with your gun, it will receive holster wear. If you carry regularly it will show it.

That doesn't mean that I think it makes sense to drop it on the ground. But I don't think you should worry about it showing wear. A worn gun is a loved gun.

If you spend time training with your gun, it will receive holster wear. If you carry regularly it will show it.

That doesn't mean that I think it makes sense to drop it on the ground. But I don't think you should worry about it showing wear. A worn gun is a loved gun.

Even worse is purposely banging up a gun to make it look like you've done more, than you really have.

Not gonna smash it up on purpose, but if it gets nicked and scratched, fine. Certainly not going to toss it on the ground and play, "Hulk Smash!"

#battleworn

I get the general idea of treating a gun like a tool and not crying if it gets some wear. I'm also not an idiot. I was raised to respect and care for my tools.

Thank god it wasn't a tactical driving class..

Instructor: Ftards, your trucks / vehicles are tools and means to overcome and succeed in a tactical environment. Now, get in, smash them around and flip them over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny on the surface, but F-tards like Yeager are only pouring gas on the anti bonfire. I can't help but laugh since nobody was hurt, but G-D that guy is annoying and stupid.

I totally understand that your carry gun is a tool. But I have tools as well. You know, hammers, saws, drills, belt sander...the normal crap. Over time and with lots of use they look like they have been used. But there is a difference between "used" and "abused".

So back to guns...my "tool" gun...or carry gun definitely looks used. Starting to show some holster wear and things like that. That is all expected. And although my carry gun looks more "used" than my S&W Pro Series 1911 which has never seen a holster and never will( and I bought a beautiful carry rig of another NES'er up in NH last year....it is used as much because whenever one goes to the range the other follows. In fact I may have more rounds through the 1911...lol

But what this guy was teaching was not how to use a firearm but how to abuse a firearm. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Especially your carry gun. My life depends on that gun. I don't want it kicked around in the dirt.

I totally understand that your carry gun is a tool. But I have tools as well. You know, hammers, saws, drills, belt sander...the normal crap. Over time and with lots of use they look like they have been used. But there is a difference between "used" and "abused".

So back to guns...my "tool" gun...or carry gun definitely looks used. Starting to show some holster wear and things like that. That is all expected. And although my carry gun looks more "used" than my S&W Pro Series 1911 which has never seen a holster and never will( and I bought a beautiful carry rig of another NES'er up in NH last year....it is used as much because whenever one goes to the range the other follows. In fact I may have more rounds through the 1911...lol

But what this guy was teaching was not how to use a firearm but how to abuse a firearm. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Especially your carry gun. My life depends on that gun. I don't want it kicked around in the dirt.

Exactly. Went to the range yesterday with my wife and son, and was cleaning guns in the garage last night with my son. In the garage are lots of tools, some of them were my father's, some of them were my grandfather's. They show signs of being "used", not abused. The guns were were cleaning also show signs of use. Guns have *moving parts* in them. Introducing dirt into oiled moving parts grinds away the contacting surfaces. That's not use - that's ABUSE.

If you're not willing to take your pistol out and drop it on the ground, you're wrong. Now, why do we do that? There are two reasons why we have students do that. Number one: because we train for reality. Oh, what does reality have to do with dropping a gun? Nothing!
[rofl][rofl][rofl]
If this was anyone else, I'd say they're trolling.

Back
Top Bottom