Swords & Bayonets?

namedpipes

NES Member
I feel silly even asking, but I live in the PRM. . .

What are the (if any) registration / notification requirements here for edged weapons? Among a collection of guns I'm acquiring are two swords and two bayonets.

I assume there are none, but you know what you get in PRM when you "assume": 10 years.

Just in case anyone happens to know... ?

No registration needed for swords and bayonets, however double-edge swords (any sword that has or could have two edges) is technically illegal. Though if it is in your own home and you aren't carrying it around the streets they will probably let you be.

I currently have a 3 samurai sword collection, so I'm guessing that there isn't an issue. It came with the Katana, the Tanto, and wakizashi. All are sharp.

I always found it funny that they specify dirks, which is a pretty specific type of knife, while this is completely OK (if you can afford a Todd Begg):
predator_push8x10.jpg

I always found it funny that they specify dirks

Hey, why not? They also specify zoobows. That fine law single handedly brought the zoobow trade to a stand still! I mean, when was the last time you saw a zoobow for sale in MA? And now I don't have to worry anymore about those hoodlums who used to hang around my town with their zoobows causing trouble late at night.

Yeah, yeah, I know what you're gonna say. If you outlaw zoobows, only outlaws will have zoobows.

I also like how they outlaw any two sticks attached by a rope or chain, as if they are more dangerous than, say, an aluminum baseball bat. I'd rather have some mall ninja coming after me with his nunchucks than any average person with a bat.

Back
Top Bottom