• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Survivorman 8/19

SKS Ray

NES Member
Not sure if this has been mentioned here or not but Les Stroud is returning to tv on Sunday 8/19 doing more Survivorman episodes.

Is he with or without camera crew this go around?

On one side, I disliked that he constantly cried about being his own camera crew.. plus the additional work probably limited some craftiness he might have otherwise been able to do.

On the other, not having someone else there to run cameras makes it more genuine.. he's really out there solo.

Good news! Much better than watching Bear drink his own pee or jump off a waterfall or something.

Is he with or without camera crew this go around?

On one side, I disliked that he constantly cried about being his own camera crew.. plus the additional work probably limited some craftiness he might have otherwise been able to do.

On the other, not having someone else there to run cameras makes it more genuine.. he's really out there solo.

I think he complains because it gets frustrating. He doesn't need to do the panoramic shots of him walking 200 yards past a camera. that is when it sucks for him, having to set it up walk 200+ yards, walk back, pick up the gear, and head out again. They don't need that shit. It can all be first person point of view IMO. He can use a tripod when he is setting up camp and catching, cleaning, and cooking stuff.

It is pretty remarkable that any of us heading out for 7 days would need a huge pack with a lot of gear. He is dropped off with the minimal and suffers his way through the week, often starving and dehydrated.

Great news. We asked for an Eagle Scout letter for my son from both Les and Bear. We had the letter from Les, with an autographed photo, in a week. We never heard anything from Bear. This was in Feb. Bear gives some very bad advice. The show when he just kept going deeper into a mine made me want to scream. It was so fake it wasn't funny.

Great news. We asked for an Eagle Scout letter for my son from both Les and Bear. We had the letter from Les, with an autographed photo, in a week. We never heard anything from Bear. This was in Feb. Bear gives some very bad advice. The show when he just kept going deeper into a mine made me want to scream. It was so fake it wasn't funny.

And he does incredibly dangerous and unnecessary things. Always diving off waterfalls into shallow bodies of water when he could he easily climb down the side. Or when he climbed down a well in the Sahara that had sheer 30 foot walls. If he fell without a crew he would likely have at least broken his legs and certainly perish down there. And drinking his own pee, give me a brake. He'll be eating his own crap next.

That said, I'll watch it for the occasional interesting bit.

BerkshireHunter said:
And drinking his own pee, give me a brake. He'll be eating his own crap next.

He already did that... in one episode he picked undigested berries out of Bear crap and ate it. Oh wait, different bear....

Back
Top Bottom