Surrender/Confiscation of Firearms

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, my day is off to an awesome start. Long story short, just received a phone call from my local police department(North Attleboro) requesting I surrender my firearms come this evening after work because of a verbal altercation with a neighbor yesterday evening.

Can I or should I get my firearms to an FFL and transfer possession to a trusted friend? I could also transfer to my girlfriend but as we live together, wasn't sure that would fly.

Or do I surrender them, and then submit a letter to the chief requesting them to be delivered to an FFL for a transfer, as G.O.A.L suggests.

Any input, feedback, or opinions are greatly appreciated.

Jesus! For a verbal altercation? I would call the cops to make sure they haven't already suspended your license. If not, go to an FFL and transfer them all to a friend. Get a lawyer. Request that this thread be deleted.

You need to talk to a lawyer stat, frankly.... sounds like they are going for a suspension. I'd give Jason Guida a call... yesterday...

-Mike

They already told him his ltc is suspended. He's trying to find out if there's a way to avoid having his firearms go to a bonded warehouse by transferring to someone else, or is it already too late at this point?

They already told him his ltc is suspended. He's trying to find out if there's a way to avoid having his firearms go to a bonded warehouse by transferring to someone else, or is it already too late at this point?

No it's not. He should be ready to deliver a 129D letter to the PD as soon as they take his guns. If he does that and they STILL transfer them to a bonded warehouse........

Langer would be good for this as well.

Remind me not to get in a screaming match with my neighbor. Also another great reason to keep gun ownership to yourself re/ neighbors, car stickers, etc. Drawing attention is never a good thing when the consequences are so severe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom