• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Surprised he wasn’t charged with NFA violation

a few years ago, I was heading up thru NY on 87 north to Montreal on my bike and was pulled over going 5mhp over the limit.
I had a fully packed backpack for the trip and was told 87 was a major drug smuggling route and he thought I was a mule running drugs across the border.

My point is you don't even have to break laws to get pulled over.
What was your cut for the H? ;-)

They typically have two vehicles, one vehicle has the load, and the other vehicle is totally clean.

They hire ordinary people with clean records to drive. The vehicle with the load leads the way and the clean vehicle stays a ways back.

If the first vehicle with the load gets pulled over the second vehicle comes up and does something crazy like a drunk driver would (goes on and off the road, buzzes the cop, anything to appear dangerous and out of control). At that point usually the cop will leave the first car and start pursuit of the second car instead. I say “usually”
I think this is more of a movie/TV thing. I think in the real world (at least with non gigantic shipments) it is usually an ex con, loaded gun, gym bag of drugs in the trunk, speeding. I realize I am over generalizing but not too much.

I think this is more of a movie/TV thing. I think in the real world (at least with non gigantic shipments) it is usually an ex con, loaded gun, gym bag of drugs in the trunk, speeding. I realize I am over generalizing but not too much.
Pretty much spot on. Couple that with a car with expired registration, non-functional lights, excessively tinted windows, etc. About 10 years ago that old guy got busted running drugs up the east coast in his non-attention getting compact pickup. That guy was doing it for years and flew under the radar.

Believe me this is not a TV thing, just don't ask me how I know.

Prior to Troop E being disbanded the unwritten rule was that you were fine up until 80MPH. After that drivers were classified "high rollers" and fair game for the enhanced fines and surcharges.

I don't spend that much time on the 'pike these days, but haven't seen anything to show that the rule has changed one way or the other.

I'm surprised he was pulled over on the Pike for only doing 85.

They typically have two vehicles, one vehicle has the load, and the other vehicle is totally clean.

They hire ordinary people with clean records to drive. The vehicle with the load leads the way and the clean vehicle stays a ways back.

If the first vehicle with the load gets pulled over the second vehicle comes up and does something crazy like a drunk driver would (goes on and off the road, buzzes the cop, anything to appear dangerous and out of control). At that point usually the cop will leave the first car and start pursuit of the second car instead. I say “usually”

Oh damn. What movie is that from??? Guy has a hostage or something and some dolt local cop is pulling him over. The Feds tailing him purposely do something to get teh cop off of him so he can move on to the location or something. I've seen it 10x and can't place the movie.

But it's a movie thing. I can't believe the effort involved when just driving sanely with proper equipment and licensure is a 99.99% sure thing to NOT get caught.

Oh damn. What movie is that from??? Guy has a hostage or something and some dolt local cop is pulling him over. The Feds tailing him purposely do something to get teh cop off of him so he can move on to the location or something. I've seen it 10x and can't place the movie.

But it's a movie thing. I can't believe the effort involved when just driving sanely with proper equipment and licensure is a 99.99% sure thing to NOT get caught.
You have been watching too many movies. This was a fairly common tactic on both the east west (A&B) drug corridors. It became well known by LEO’s that patrol those highways.

For some It is easy to make fun of something you know nothing about, but harder to believe that something from a “movie” could actually be real.

Just in case you still think this is made up BS from a movie..............

“There was a second car to follow closely behind and if the police were to get behind them the follow car was supposed to distract police by purposely violating traffic laws and get stopped so that the car with all the drugs or cash in it would get away.”

(Scroll down on the first one).........

"Troopers believe the three men were a decoy and purposely sped past authorities “to get me to stop the vehicle in an attempt to distract me from a vehicle loaded with drugs,” the affidavit states."

Back
Top Bottom