• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Superior Arms Lowers

I didn't build it but I have one, complete and I can tell you that they don't take P-Mags or some british made steel AR mags, the former which is not a big deal in MA..., because the mag wells are not properly sized. At least the one I have. But otherwise they are fine. and if mine was originally a complete lower, which I suspect the guy before did that when he built it, the trigger and mechanisms are all smooth. It is also not mil spec but commercial sized. That is a plus since commercial parts are easier to get. The sizing is an issue for things the buffer tube so this would not be a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

PS: The upper I have is not SA but DPMS so at the very least, the lower takes other uppers with no problem.

Thanks for the reply.

I started running the numbers and even though they are $80, after paying shipping and FFL fees, they are more expensive than Stags locally. I am trying to find inexpensive lowers that can be purchased in bulk for future use.

Thanks for the reply.

I started running the numbers and even though they are $80, after paying shipping and FFL fees, they are more expensive than Stags locally. I am trying to find inexpensive lowers that can be purchased in bulk for future use.

if your looking for a cheap lower
Guns N Gun Parts in West Springfield has STAGS for around 130
Agawam Auto Sports in Agawam has RRA, STAG,Essential Arms, and even the occasional Smith and Wesson readily available. ( about 110 or 115 for EA, up to 160+ for S&W)

many shops will offer a reduced rate for multiple FFL transfers if you talk to them before hand. much like everything else in life, the more you do, the cheaper it is.

also, Essential Arms wholesale for... 86$? and they have a very good reputation. i build my AR on an EA

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom