• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Brick and mortar store that sells 80% lowers?

ahhh crap looks like they are on to me... Maura is laughing at me from behind her swat team... guys it has been nice knowing you

Say hello to Kommandant Klink and Sgt Schultz. But don’t worry QB we’ll dig a tunnel to get you out.

a1ba4d4165b422f2da04749e135715c8.jpg

Not that I would do such a thing, but take your cash, go to Walmart, purchase a loadable Visa/MC. The card cost under $5.00 and put whatever amount you feel you need. Go online and use it to purchase your "paper weight". If in a hurry, put enough extra money on card for next day or two day shipping to your house.

Oh Crap, Mrs. a73elkyss might just be reading my fiction suggestion. Never mind anything I said, I'm off my meds.

Jay
Almost. You've got an anonymous credit card you can spend online, but unless you have a neighbor whose house you're babysitting the package still has to be mailed to your address and in your name to avoid, you know, committing mail fraud--a real federal crime.

This would be much simpler and without the need for all the cloak and dagger to just buy them in a store like you buy everything else that isn't an FFL item. I guess the real bottleneck is that most unfinished receivers are made by only 3 or so companies.

so assuming an 80% lower appears out of thin air with no traceability, can someone tell me where all the rest of the components come from? Is there a Gun Bunny that delivers them when I am sleeping.

Buffer tube, trigger group,bolt, barrel ..... is there a underground railroad for those parts?

Best NES post in quite a while. LOL!

I'm in central mass and looking for actual brick and mortar stores that sell 80% lower receivers. I want to walk in, pay in cash, walk out. I'm NOT interested in buying online due to delays in shipping and paper trails. Willing to go as far north as NH and VT, and southern ME and pretty much nowhere south of the people's republic of Massachusetts, unless the deal is simply too good to pass up.

I want to get several AR15 receivers, and maybe one or two AR10/308, with bonus points for P80 frames but I could live without. These will act nicely as paperweights until I can move out of this state and build them in a state that respects my rights. But with stories of state police and fusion centers illegally tracking purchases from FFLs and keeping tabs on licensed people, I'd simply prefer to just have a cash transaction without any mail or paper trail so some govt desk jockey can't abuse their authority.
Home Depot and Lowes sell 0% lowers.

Dude, order online.

so assuming an 80% lower appears out of thin air with no traceability, can someone tell me where all the rest of the components come from? Is there a Gun Bunny that delivers them when I am sleeping.

Buffer tube, trigger group,bolt, barrel ..... is there a underground railroad for those parts?
You could buy them cash from NES members. I have seen complete uppers on sale here.

You can also buy upers and lower parts kits from FFL cash. I have seen more than one FFL that had uppers, usually 1 or 2 in stock.

Would that count as the underground railroad option?

That's the idea. I'm just a dude who is conscious of the need for wearing a mask and the need to practice social distancing, trying to buy some paper weights. Unfortunately my card doesn't work and I can only pay in cash, oh well.

Create a gun broker account and send a money order.

I'm in NH, where stripped lowers have been purchased for cash in Wal Mart parking lots and the NES secret handshake....

I can understand the concerns of the OP though. The whole point of 80%'s is anonymity. Anything purchased online with a card leaves a trail leading back to you if someone wanted to follow it badly enough.
I would bet anything that the op already has a paper trail that's like a flaming red road flare... anyone who has ever had a firearms licence of any kind is already Marked for Death so you might as well give it up, the whole tilting at windmills thing. Trying to cover up 80% purchases is like concealing the fact that you're buying Lumber or a loaf of bread...

Also the irony of the whole thing is that he's now posted this thread and created another datapoint / paper trail if you were trying to protect opsec that's already gone well into the dumpster... [rofl]

To answer the Op's question though the best way to buy these things used to be just go Waltzing into gun shows and the guys who had tables full of junk would also sell 80s. Some of them had entire businesses based around 80% junk if you got one of their business cards you could probably call them up and just discreetly pick it up...

You know what the best part of this thread is? It’s that @Maura is already a member and gave some likes lol! “She will tread”

Didn't notice if anyone else mentioned it already, but I recall seeing a seller from "The Mill" in Littleton listing "80%" lowers available for local pickup.

Wear an N-95 mask & sunglasses to defeat the cams & spy satellites.

You know what the best part of this thread is? It’s that @Maura is already a member and gave some likes lol! “She will tread”

Of course. We're sowing seeds for a new socially progressive age. And our internal research shows engaging constituents directly via social media correlates with compliance to regulation.

Of course. We're sowing seeds for a new socially progressive age. And our internal research shows engaging constituents directly via social media correlates with compliance to regulation.
Just be sure to tread on me and we’ll be good.

Are gun shows even a thing with the whole Covid phenomenon? I’m willing to tolerate the B.O. if it’ll give me something to do. Plus I want some jerky.

Back
Top Bottom