stupid m&p question

I mentioned before that I shoot the 1911 MUCH better than the m&p...almost TOO MUCH better. How do I adjust the rear sights on it? I cant find the manual for it, and wanted to try it out tonight at the range.

Thanks

If you are shooting your m&p poorly, it has nothing to do with the sights.[laugh] I can shoot my 1911 better than my m&p with my left hand , and eyes closed... ok, seriously, I don't know the answer to your question..[wink]

For the rear sight, loosen the set screw, hit the sight with a punch and hammer, same with the front, but there is no set screw

or get a front sight pusher tool

Adjusting the sights is not going to fix poor shooting. It will only fix good shooting that is hitting somewhere else other than where you are aiming.

Adjusting the sights is not going to fix poor shooting. It will only fix good shooting that is hitting somewhere else other than where you are aiming.

The reason I wanted to try and adjust the sights is because my shots with the m&p are all fairly close to each other, but ALL are to the left of the target. When I shoot my other gun, the groups are a little tighter, and dead center.

The reason I wanted to try and adjust the sights is because my shots with the m&p are all fairly close to each other, but ALL are to the left of the target. When I shoot my other gun, the groups are a little tighter, and dead center.

When I first got my m&p, all of my shots were to the left, and I found that was the case with quite a few people.. I had to really work with it, and found that it was my technique with that specific gun, not the sights.. I now shoot that as well as any other..

trigger is too heavy. perfectly normal...

1911 has a crisp, single action trigger.... you are comparing apples to oranges...

my advice: keep shooting your M&P... you'll get the hang of it.

is it a range toy? or a carry gun?

same reason why I shoot my G19 better than my M&P9. The lighter trigger and shorter reset on the Glock makes my groupings tight and in the middle. The heavy MA trigger and longer reset on the M&P makes those shots low and to the left. I know im flinching alil bit with it too but I will just blame the trigger till I can get it lightened.

Have you fired the M&P off a rest?

When I first got my m&p, all of my shots were to the left, and I found that was the case with quite a few people.. I had to really work with it, and found that it was my technique with that specific gun, not the sights.. I now shoot that as well as any other..

this.

Finger position on trigger

I found that with my Glock 22, I could hold the trigger at the first bend of my finger. With the M&P 40, I had to put the pad of my finger on the trigger.

The long pull of the SW affects the way it is aimed when you actually break. It has nothing to do with flinching, but rather the heavier pull.

Practice and you will get them moved over.

dry firing is easy with the M&P because the trigger springs forward after its pulled so you can practice easily (unlike the glock)

I found that with my Glock 22, I could hold the trigger at the first bend of my finger. With the M&P 40, I had to put the pad of my finger on the trigger.

The long pull of the SW affects the way it is aimed when you actually break. It has nothing to do with flinching, but rather the heavier pull.

Practice and you will get them moved over.

If the sights move at anytime during the trigger press, you are either flinching or have no trigger control.

Also you are suppose to use the pad of the finger tip, not the joint.

I have tried a few things... I always use the pad of my fingertip...If I use the joint then I'll be shooting the next lanes target, lol. I'm gonna try some different things tonight at the range. I'll keep you guys posted.

Back
Top Bottom