Stupid Appleseed ?

OK here is the problem. I am currently owning one ar and it is a shorty, and I really dont want to buy another for shooting. I really love the one I have. So Can I shoot the whole thing with my 10/22? I am planing on building the LTR this month and would rather spend the money on 2 other 10/22 (one for wife and 8yo daughter)

Can you actually qualify with just the 22. throughout the whole program?

OK here is the problem. I am currently owning one ar and it is a shorty, and I really dont want to buy another for shooting. I really love the one I have. So Can I shoot the whole thing with my 10/22? I am planing on building the LTR this month and would rather spend the money on 2 other 10/22 (one for wife and 8yo daughter)

Can you actually qualify with just the 22. throughout the whole program?

You can use your AR also, However seeing how here in the Northeast we shoot 960++ rounds for the weekend you can buy one or more 10-22s with sights and slings and
4,10 rd mags for the price of the 5.56x45 alone

Or get a .22 conversion bolt and some mags for your AR. I loaned mine to a friend that did not want to drop tons of $$$ on .223 ammo and he had good results.

Converting your 10/22 to a LTR is not expensive.. the sights is most of the cost. Everything else you can do yourself, and it is not hard to do.

Or get a .22 conversion bolt and some mags for your AR. I loaned mine to a friend that did not want to drop tons of $$$ on .223 ammo and he had good results.

Converting your 10/22 to a LTR is not expensive.. the sights is most of the cost. Everything else you can do yourself, and it is not hard to do.
The base gun I started with was more expensive than a standard carbine, but I got the stainless/wood/full-length barrel I wanted at short notice...nobody local stocked it.

base 10/22: $270 shipped, $25 transfer fee
sights and shock buffer: $80-ish, shipped (Tech Sights)
new cotton USGI sling: $15
1.25" stainless swivels: $13 (here)
mags (4): $55 (here)
...plus a bunch of Federal bulk pack from Wal-Mart.

Probably more than I could have spent had I started putting this together early, but I was happy with the results, I have a gun that I use all the time now, and spent less than I would have to buy a lot of other alternatives.

Buying a 10/22 and tricking it out yourself is a rewarding experience, especially if you've never customized a rifle before.

You can even save about $50-70 off the initial price if you call Henry or Bill at Rody's Gun Shop in Newport, NH, across from the Ruger factory. They get a steady but variable supply of cosmetic seconds from the factory and pass the savings along. These are rifles with poorly stamped serial numbers or mismatched camo patterns, for example. Call and reserve before you make the trip, though. You can say John sent you, but I don't really get anything out of it except happy shooters on the line.

Inquiring minds wish to know, is there any truth to the rumor that WalMart has stopped selling its so-called "SS" model, the Ruger 10/22 with a parkerized receiver and a 22"-long, stainless steel barrel?

Back
Top Bottom