Still pushing tax on firearms and ammunition

If the fabric of society has worn so thin that the only thing tethering us to good will is a tax on every bullet.-- then I'd wager things are too far gone.

Well said. But the anti's will just say it's one of many steps to save one child. Just one child...........

IT'S ABOUT MONEY!

No, it really is NOT about money - at least not in this case. It's about associating violence and suicide with the Second Amendment. People end up in hospital emergency rooms because YOU exercise your Second Amendment rights. That is the connection and inference that they're trying to make.

No, it really is NOT about money - at least not in this case. It's about associating violence and suicide with the Second Amendment. People end up in hospital emergency rooms because YOU exercise your Second Amendment rights. That is the connection and inference that they're trying to make.
This...

It is like taxing condoms to setup a "rape victim support fund".

It is a vile PR splash of blood on us and things that we own to create a link that does not exist.

Let MA add taxes on Guns/Ammo; I can't buy either in MA, it'll help my LGS (in NH)

You'd think the Mass legislature would be gun shy about new sin taxes after their experience with the booze tax a year ago. They never learn, people gladly shop in a neighboring state to screw the taxman out of a couple of bucks, it just increases revenue for RI and NH.

It is like taxing condoms to setup a "rape victim support fund". It is a vile PR splash of blood on us and things that we own to create a link that does not exist.
Or like the $5/head "Sexually Oriented Business Fee Act" tax imposed on Texas strip clubs, to raise money for sexual assault prevention programs and health insurance coverage for low-income people.

That is the best explanation I have heard yet!!!!

This...

It is like taxing condoms to setup a "rape victim support fund".

It is a vile PR splash of blood on us and things that we own to create a link that does not exist.

Food (including candy and soda) and clothing (up to a limit) are sales-tax-free because they are necessities of life.

My freedom is a necessity of my life. The tools to preserve it should also be sales-tax-free.

Linsky is so insincere that he thinks the 10% of residents who own guns will find his do called mental health programs? He's an ass

the problem with this comparison is the fact that car crashes and knifes are directly related to their victims. By putting a tax on guns and ammo to go towards mental health implies that all gun owners have a mental disability or that all people with mental problems are gun owners.
It also paints us as time bombs who will go off at any time.

That's exactly what cockroaches like Coakley, Linskey, Devil Patrick, Rahm, Bloomberg, Feinstein, etc, want the low-info voters to believe.....

Back
Top Bottom