Still pushing tax on firearms and ammunition

193rdsoldier

NES Member
Massachusetts state Rep. David Linsky, a Democrat, proposed a 25% sales tax on ammunition and firearms, with the money going to mental health and victims' programs, police training and firearms licensing. "We tax cigarettes, we tax alcohol, we tax other items that have a negative effect on society," he says. States look to tax guns, ammo

Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle, a Democrat, says 30% of the hospital's trauma patients have gunshot wounds and it costs about $52,000 for initial treatment for each. The tax won't necessarily serve as a deterrent to gun buyers, she says, but "it's an acknowledgment that we as a society pay a terrible price for the proliferation of guns."

These people are so wrong in the head. You play stupid games, you win stupid prizes.

Of course he is, This is Taxachusetts. Most if not all of these silly proposals have ZERO! to do with protection of the children or any protections at all..IT'S ABOUT MONEY! Add this with the proposed hike in the State Income tax, Gas tax for ( Ha ha ha ha roads, bridges and education) that's a lot of funds for free shit bags that dwell among us.

You know the voters.

It is completely about money. Now that people are starting to realize the impact Devil Patricks tax hike would have had, and now that they also realize how many people applied for permits, they found a new way to fix the transit systems by taxing the shit out of all those new permit holders.

Here is a question most people never follow up with when it comes to a added tax., or additional fee. If it passes, how long will the money be used to firearms training, and to cover some of the medical cost? Who will receive the training, policy, middle class, EBT card holders? What will the money be used for after the initial period of time?

Most tax hikes with a cause have a period of time that the money will be used for whatever they said, after that time frame is up, they can use the money for whatever they want. Why do you think the MassPike tolls never went free like they where supposed to. They promised state holders that the tolls where going to be used to pay for the pike, its been paid for for a VERY long time.

Don't expect honest answers, reply's, or reasons for what they want to tax us for, they will never tell you the truth or answer any questions about taxes or money.

Last edited:
Why would the added tax go to police training of all things?? And we already have hefty licensing fees, they need more?

The constitution doesn't work as a deterrent of corrupt scum politicians, but we tax everything that's bad so why not tax politicians.

The promised state holders that the tolls where going to be used to pay for the pike, its been paid for for a VERY long time.

When the pike was faced with the prospect of the bonds being paid off, there was only one solution - issue more bonds. And, the MSP gets calls during the end of budget cycles "money left in the detail budget, get some troopers out there to burn it up so we don't get less next year".

When the pike was faced with the prospect of the bonds being paid off, there was only one solution - issue more bonds. And, the MSP gets calls during the end of budget cycles "money left in the detail budget, get some troopers out there to burn it up so we don't get less next year".

Thanks Rob, I appreciate it. This proves my whole point! This state will find a way to keep the money from going it its proper place.

Poll taxes were deemed Un-Constitutional. How is THIS any different?!?!

This is my whole point! Its not about following the law, their own laws, or the laws of the land. Its about finding ways to extort people. First it was booze, then it was cigarettes (which they are still not done taxing, and i stopped smoking years ago), then insurance, now gun owners seem to be the new whipping toy.

This is my whole point! Its not about following the law, their own laws, or the laws of the land. Its about finding ways to extort people. First it was booze, then it was cigarettes (which they are still not done taxing, and i stopped smoking years ago), then insurance, now gun owners seem to be the new whipping toy.

They want to reduce the # of gun owners so that it is easier for them to stay in power. They were successful with accomplishing this after passing the '98 laws. That is changing and the gun-owner population is growing.

This is NOT a public safety issue. Ask anyone that says that it is to explain HOW it will reduce crime and make us safer!!!

Poll taxes were deemed Un-Constitutional. How is THIS any different?!?!

democrats pick and choose the parts of the constitution they like.

and **** them, we ALREADY pay sales tax on the ammo and firearms, then we pay exise tax to drive on the road to the range, we also pay for vehicle registration, and for our drivers license, LTC, and then we pay tax on the gas to fill up the car. did i miss anything? jesus christ.

Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle, a Democrat

I assume that is Cook County Illinois, home of Chicago? Duh. Those a**h***s should get their own house in order. I have two hospitals within 30 minutes of me and I can guarantee you that shooting victims are few and far between. Hasn't even been a murder in my town in decades. And we are drowning in firearms....

I assume that is Cook County Illinois, home of Chicago? Duh. Those a**h***s should get their own house in order. I have two hospitals within 30 minutes of me and I can guarantee you that shooting victims are few and far between. Hasn't even been a murder in my town in decades. And we are drowning in firearms....

i think the most recent murder in my city was the first in years and the dude used a knife.

fortunately we're pretty friendly towards firearms here even in close proximity to shitholes such as clinton, fitchburg, and springfield.

Mr Linsky,

You propose a 25% tax on firearms and ammunition for no other reason than some arbitrary decision based upon emotion and zero merit. Well, I am going to forward a reqest that all State Representatives be taxed 75% of their total earnings, for no other reason than emotion and not merit. It makes about as much sense.

That way, it stays fair. You have emotional, unfounded taxes, as will the People...who you are supposed to represent.

And please remember, Mr Linsky, poll taxes are illegal and un-constitutional....what you're attempting is no different.
Good Day.

Joe

My email to Linsky....

Yes, it's about money , but with money comes the ability to win the ultimate prize, CONTROL. That is the end game in all of the BS .All of these roads lead to control of the masses.The coffee's been burning for a long time , anyone out there smell it ?

You know what will kill this? Exempting law enforcement. Because then you are specifically targeting one group for taxation.

Using my galaxy s2 via tapatalk, because I am too lazy to find a computer

I'm curious if anyone has suggested an additional 25 percent sales tax on cars and gas to go towards alcoholism. I see that as the same logic as tax on guns and ammo going to mental health.

I'm curious if anyone has suggested an additional 25 percent sales tax on cars and gas to go towards alcoholism. I see that as the same logic as tax on guns and ammo going to mental health.

they actually already were successfully double taxing us on alco-booze for awhile there, fortunately the mouth-breathers drooled, um, i mean "the people spoke" and the very bill they voted on was then repealed.

This is laughable. I'd just buy ammo out of state or start reloading my own.

Problem with this is that it also punishes the local gun shops, when it's not their fault. These critters need to be removed from public service and subject to ALL of the same laws and treatments as the rest of us.

If the fabric of society has worn so thin that the only thing tethering us to good will is a tax on every bullet.-- then I'd wager things are too far gone.

Massachusetts state Rep. David Linsky, a Democrat, proposed a 25% sales tax on ammunition and firearms, with the money going to mental health and victims' programs, police training and firearms licensing. "We tax cigarettes, we tax alcohol, we tax other items that have a negative effect on society," he says. States look to tax guns, ammo

Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle, a Democrat, says 30% of the hospital's trauma patients have gunshot wounds and it costs about $52,000 for initial treatment for each. The tax won't necessarily serve as a deterrent to gun buyers, she says, but "it's an acknowledgment that we as a society pay a terrible price for the proliferation of guns."

These people are so wrong in the head. You play stupid games, you win stupid prizes.

Add this to the list

Tax on cars for car crash victims.

Tax on cell phones for bully victims

Tax on knifes for knife victims

Tax on candy for diabetes victims

Tax on over-sized spoons for obesity victims

Tax on strippers for heal injury victims

Tax on bicycles for head injury victims

Tax on computers for identity theft victims

Tax on matches for burn victims.

Anyone care to add?

Add this to the list

Tax on cars for car crash victims.

Tax on cell phones for bully victims

Tax on knifes for knife victims

Tax on candy for diabetes victims

Tax on over-sized spoons for obesity victims

Tax on strippers for heal injury victims

Tax on bicycles for head injury victims

Tax on computers for identity theft victims

Tax on matches for burn victims.

Anyone care to add?

the problem with this comparison is the fact that car crashes and knifes are directly related to their victims. By putting a tax on guns and ammo to go towards mental health implies that all gun owners have a mental disability or that all people with mental problems are gun owners.
It also paints us as time bombs who will go off at any time.

Back
Top Bottom