Steel shoot Friday Oct 23 @ MVGC

clerk.mvgc

NES Member
1st steel match of the year at MVGC in Malden (Mystic Valley Gun Club) will be held Friday Oct 23rd starting at 7pm. Info online at www.mvgubclub.com

All safe shooters are welcome including beginners looking to get started.

Out of curiosity what is the format? Is it whacking a bunch of steel targets vs a timer? Fees/Scoring? Ammo limitations? (some indoor clubs only allow unjacketed lead, etc)

-Mike

Mike, Jon & I have shot it. It is like shooting Sunday steel at Wallum Lake. Very similar format. We are talking about heading down one night, I will let you know when. You should come down and check it out. We shoot for awhile then head to my uncle's restaurant for dinner and a beer.

Matty

Out of curiosity what is the format? Is it whacking a bunch of steel targets vs a timer? Fees/Scoring? Ammo limitations? (some indoor clubs only allow unjacketed lead, etc)

-Mike

Came down from NH for this match, Had a great time, met some nice shooters, hope to make other matchs there.
lwshack

Sorry I didn't respond sooner. "gubclub", yeah, well, that would be my fat fingers trying to go to fast, lol. We try to run a fun match, nothing too serious, that beginners would feel comfortable shooting. We do restrict loading mags to 10 shots to make it even for those not able to get hi-caps. We have a very good filtration system and a rubber tire backstop so we don't restrict ammo types. Ball, jacketed, lead, it's all good.

The club is investing in more steel and building some barricades so we can do more steel challenge "type" stages. We welcome all safe shooters including beginners. There's always someone available to help walk you through the process and explain everything. Feel free to PM or email me for info, www.mvgunclub.com email link on the left.

Back
Top Bottom