• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Static electricity

I'm trying out a new powder hopper vibrator that I printed. seems to make charges more consistent.
Oh nice. I found some powders settle in a few throws and some take 20 before you get consistency.
With Universal being the worst I’ve dealt with

Reason why I posted this is because I don't store my powder in the hopper if I'm not going to use it soon. When dumping out or changing powder the powder sticks in the hopper and is hard to get out. I'm not concerned about sparking.

Just wondering…what kind of hopper are you using?

I’ve never had a ‘big’ problem with my dillons or my RCBS…a few grains here or there, but I usually just blow them out with compressed air or run charges through back into the powder bottle until they’re all out of there. Never really had any that would stick so bad I couldn’t get them out fairly easily.

Just wondering…what kind of hopper are you using?

I’ve never had a ‘big’ problem with my dillons or my RCBS…a few grains here or there, but I usually just blow them out with compressed air or run charges through back into the powder bottle until they’re all out of there. Never really had any that would stick so bad I couldn’t get them out fairly easily.
static needs very little to be drained out. just try to ground your press. the bench i have has a grounded tube around outlets, so it was one of the first things i did - just a tiny wire from press base to the grounded pipe.

Back
Top Bottom