State Police Anti Hunters ???

A guy I ran into opening morning told me that Troopers were towing cars parked along the highway at the access points to Rocky Gutter in the Middleboro area. So, being a good citizen, I stopped at the Bourne and Middleboro SP Barracks to ask.

According to both the Middleboro S.P. Desk Sergeant and a Trooper from the Bourne barracks, parking off the highway in the grass is ok as long as you are not a hazard to traffic. The Middleboro Sergeant even went as far as to tell me that there was one Trooper in particular who was making a stink about this.

This morning i come out of the woods to find a sticker on my windshield saying that there is "no parking for hunting you will be towed." It was dated and had a time but no Trooper name or badge/id number. I was 12-15 feet from the edge of the pavement right up against the wood line. Never had a problem before.
I took pictures. If I could figure how to attach them I would.

Keep in mind that I more than likely caused more of a road hazard/distraction while standing there in my blaze orange jacket and hat trying to peel off the sticker from the windshield so I could drive safely than I did being parked there.

Just wondering if others in the state have been having this problem of if it one ass from the Middleboro barracks.

...and my elderly father wonders why I have issues with authority.

Bring the photos to the desk sergeant. If it isn't illegal to park, then the threat to tow isn't legal.

If it's not legal to park there, but mostly tolerated, not a lot you can do about one zealot.

There are cars/trucks parked all over 190 for hunting. I haven't see the SP pulling over to tag them. They are all well off the road too.

I would keep that notice handy in the event I was towed. I'll even bet the local game wardens would have something to say about this. It is illegal to harrass hunters. That notice looks like harrassment to me. It certainly shows discrimination towards hunters.

Is it possible the sticker was placed there by an anti-hunting, roadside vigilante and not a State Trooper?

If it is the latter, then the complainers superiors need to straighten his ass out.

Create an account at http://photobucket.com ...

Upload your pics...

Save...

Copy and paste the "IMG Code" into your post.

Or...

Become a Green member and you can upload pics directly to the site. [wink]

Hmmm. Isn't it always the exception that's the pisser. There are all sorts of laws, and uneven application of them, like "strangenh" said. 99% of the time, everything is fine, but it is that 1% who are having a bad day and force their ill fortune on you as well. I'd rather see blanket enforcement, and then repeal of the bad laws. It seems most everything and anything is illegal, but it is mostly not applied except when either A) you are doing something else bad , or B) when someone feels like harassing you.

This happened a few years back on 128 in Gloucester. A couple of calls to the Danvers barracks and one to the EPO's in Gloucester and it was corrected.

State Police Anti Hunters ???

A guy I ran into opening morning told me that Troopers were towing cars parked along the highway at the access points to Rocky Gutter in the Middleboro area. So, being a good citizen, I stopped at the Bourne and Middleboro SP Barracks to ask.

According to both the Middleboro S.P. Desk Sergeant and a Trooper from the Bourne barracks, parking off the highway in the grass is ok as long as you are not a hazard to traffic. The Middleboro Sergeant even went as far as to tell me that there was one Trooper in particular who was making a stink about this.

This morning i come out of the woods to find a sticker on my windshield saying that there is "no parking for hunting you will be towed." It was dated and had a time but no Trooper name or badge/id number. I was 12-15 feet from the edge of the pavement right up against the wood line. Never had a problem before.

Keep in mind that I more than likely caused more of a road hazard/distraction while standing there in my blaze orange jacket and hat trying to peel off the sticker from the windshield so I could drive safely than I did being parked there.

Just wondering if others in the state have been having this problem of if it one ass from the Middleboro barracks.

...and my elderly father wonders why I have issues with authority.

Your problems probably stem from the fact you cannot separate fantasy from reality. You were smart enough to do enough research to determine that these actions are probably being taken by only one individual. How many State Police are there in the state? Several hundred? Yet you classify the whole organization as "Anti hunters"? Your logic train has runneth of the tracks..... Dont blame the entire organization for the actions of one.

It is probably one or two knuckleheads similiar to the few idiots who were pulling motorcyclists over for helmets and towing thier bikes (Illegally) . after several people complained and pointed out they were towed illegally the offenders were ordered to stop or they would be reposted to North Adams and Russellville Barracks..

It is probably one or two knuckleheads similiar to the few idiots who were pulling motorcyclists over for helmets and towing thier bikes (Illegally) . after several people complained and pointed out they were towed illegally the offenders were ordered to stop or they would be reposted to North Adams and Russellville Barracks..

Don't send the knuckleheads here. We have enough of our own.

Bob

Let's see. The OP received a stick-on notice about parking, someone he knows tells him of MSP towing in the Middleboro area, the MSP Desk Sergeant in Middleboro confirms at least one zealot in their ranks on this issue (there may be others, but with a bit less zeal) and the OP has fantasy issues???

Your problems probably stem from the fact you cannot separate fantasy from reality. You were smart enough to do enough research to determine that these actions are probably being taken by only one individual. How many State Police are there in the state? Several hundred? Yet you classify the whole organization as "Anti hunters"? Your logic train has runneth of the tracks..... Dont blame the entire organization for the actions of one.

Let's see. The OP received a stick-on notice about parking, someone he knows tells him of MSP towing in the Middleboro area, the MSP Desk Sergeant in Middleboro confirms at least one zealot in their ranks on this issue (there may be others, but with a bit less zeal) and the OP has fantasy issues???

Not as bad as your problems with reality....

Back
Top Bottom