• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

STARTING SOME B.S. FOR FUN AND STRESS RELIEF

BONESTOCK

NES Member
Ok
Here goes........
Ruger LCR
The second UGLIEST revolver ever made.
I find it to be so bad I personally would not even hold one or ever fire the thing.
If I won it in a raffle I wouldn't even take delivery.
The only one I think is worse would be the absolute grotesque RHINO.
There you go folks........discuss!

I have never shot one, but have heard great things about the .357. If you win one, send me a PM. I’d be happy to receive it for you

Last edited:
Now this is exactly the kind of fun I was looking for.
I had a mini 30 once but after you fired just one round the trigger group would fall out onto the ground..... it was priceless!!!

Ok
Here goes........
Ruger LCR
I find it to be so bad I personally would not even hold one or ever fire the thing.
#1 RHINO
#2 Ruger LCR
I find No Flaw in your argument.

Love my LC9s. Great stock trigger.
I can't imagine a world without the 10/22.
The Ruger Mark-x pistols have been a mainstay for budding bullseye shooters for over half a century and challenging the mechanical aptitude of anyone wanting to disassemble one[rofl]

Love my LC9s. Great stock trigger.
I can't imagine a world without the 10/22.
The Ruger Mark-x pistols have been a mainstay for budding bullseye shooters for over half a century and challenging the mechanical aptitude of anyone wanting to disassemble one[rofl]
Disassembly is easy. It's reassembly that trips people up. Many times I've been in a monthly club members meeting when someone walked in with a box of parts for me to fix.

I'm not much of a revolver person (yet), so my experience with them is limited. However, I'd say that the LCR appears to be a function over form type of gun. It also bucks revolver tradition, so it is less aesthetically appealing. I do think, however, the looks are improved just by replacing the grips.

maxresdefault.jpg

Hey cut the Rhino a break - it's clearly what happens when you emphasize lowering the bore axis as much as possible. For good or ill, they've turned the traditional design upside down, and it shows in the styling. By firing from the bottom chamber, they put the line of action for recoil right through the hand.

Of course I've never handled one, let alone shot it. And I agree it's not conventionally attractive...

Hey cut the Rhino a break - it's clearly what happens when you emphasize lowering the bore axis as much as possible. For good or ill, they've turned the traditional design upside down, and it shows in the styling. By firing from the bottom chamber, they put the line of action for recoil right through the hand.

Of course I've never handled one, let alone shot it. And I agree it's not conventionally attractive...

A friend has one, it shoots really nice. Low bore axis is awesome for follow-up shots. For the same money, I'd rather have one of those 8-shot unfluted 686 PCs, or just about ANY OTHER HANDGUN.

Ok
Here goes........
Ruger LCR

I'll add-

Every 1911 and Glock ever made.
And I'm willing to fist fight over it

never warmed up to that ruger line. in contrast, the redhawk (not super redhawk) in my opinion is one beautiful revolver. i like the rhino. took me a while to warm up to it but it's pretty cool. they busted the paradigm on that one.

LCR = little crappy revolver. Mine worked great though in a practical sense. I just didn’t have much use for it.

For sheer elegance the Lorcin L380 is hard to beat.
There's something about chromed pot metal I find irresistible

. Lorcin L380.jpg

Back
Top Bottom