• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Star B 9mm

A certain C&R website, who shall remain nameless, recently added the Star-B WWII 9mm pistol. Looks like a 1911 clone, and the information states it's chambered in 9mm, so I'm guessing it's 9x19 aka 9mm luger. Does anybody know anything of these; are they worth $300 as a C&R collectible, or better off to get a couple of cz-52s and have one re-barreled for 9x19?

Item#Star-B
Historic WWII Star Model B 9mm Pistols (not to be confused with the Post War “Super” B). Manufactured between 1943-44 as part of a 15,000 piece contract for Bulgaria. Obtained by the Russians during and/or after WWII. These pistols feature original Wartime Factory Markings. There is nothing fake about any of the Proofs. The Russians refinished each of these pistols after WWII, as was common practice with all firearms acquired during and after the war. Excellent Finish Condition... These are Nice Pistols! Checkered Wood and Black Synthetic grips. Includes 2 magazines. Very similar to the 1911 A1 design, features a “Checkered” back strap and Lanyard ring. Bbl length: 4.8”, Overall: 8.46” Weight: 38.27oz. This Shipment appears to be the last of the Star B’s from this era

Doesn't specify whether it's 9mm Luger or 9mm Largo.

From what little I've been able to find, some Star pistols from this area were chambered in 9 Luger and some in 9 Largo.

I understand that these are in EXCELLENT condition from 2 people that have purchased them and posted pics on another board. But the $299 price I'm told is somewhat high. I have been going in circles thinking about these...I just can't justify that price myself at this time.

I understand that these are in EXCELLENT condition from 2 people that have purchased them and posted pics on another board. But the $299 price I'm told is somewhat high. I have been going in circles thinking about these...I just can't justify that price myself at this time.

From a reputable dealer at $299, its gotta be going rate and you can bet they won't go lower. I remember when (holy shit... I feel like the old timers at the gun shows now![shocked])
Anyway I remember when K31s were $79 and CZ 52s weren't much more, now look at the prices.

well the ergonomics on the star will be better than the cz52 for sure. (love my cz52 but ya gotta think when you aim it, not a point and shoot gun .) the cz52 has the funky grip angle.

Back
Top Bottom