Springfield 1903 A4 @ M&M's Updated w/ pics

FWIW to those who like the old stuff, I saw one of these at M&M in Plymouth yesterday. I didn't think to snap a pic but can if requested since I'll be in there tomorrow again. With a price over $7k I'll never own it but it was nice to see one in person and hold it.

If this is in the wrong category I apologize, didn't think it would fit in classifieds since I'm not selling it, just a sighting ;)

Ahh, mil surp collectors. Thanks for categorizing this correctly.

Last edited:
Pics

Price is still $7500 and I'm no collector but this still seems like a lot of money, at least to me.

No one asked but I was there so I took pics anyways. These don't do this gun justice (taken on my phone). All the numbers matched and the wood / metal is 95%+

1903a4.jpg

1903a4-1.jpg

Last edited:
Its one of the few rifles left on the rack as of Sunday and still 7500$. The optics have a chip in the 4 o'clock on the lenses. I don't know enough about them other than the 1903A3 Remington us 30 Cal is stamped on the left side. The stock cartouches where very visable...there was also a M1 NM for 1800$. Counter personal didn't have much to say about them...no papers or history. I had a good chunk of cash in my pocket and was going to offer 4k......nah I rather buy more garands and ammo from the cmp if dropping that kind of $$$$

I just happened to cash out a CD that was matured and the new rate was pathetic...I am not going to buy 4k worth of anything right now, maybe 1200.00 ?
I just happen to have cash on me. If the NM M1 was 3006 I might have came home with that?

Nice looking rifle, but a bit too much I think. I've seen all original USGI examples go for between $3500-5500 in the past year. Maninblue1861 had a nicer one that went for less than the asking price, if my memory serves me. They are not seen often, though. Thanks for posting a picture.

That is a lot of skins for a novelty and possibly the least effective sharpshooter of WW2. We tried to use one in '67 but thee field of view was so small and parallax the target could not be found from the trees at 500 yards even with the large muzzle flash. I think it took more training than anyone had. I would flesh out my collection but not at that price. Also there are so many humped ones I would not be able to tell without provenance of some kind.

I have an SC listed that fills the slot for now til it's gone.
DSCF0006_zpscf28bf60.jpg

3k too much, and the latest one I sold was a lot nicer and was sold for $4500, and the three others I sold for 3400-4000.

Cam tell by offset us Remington marking in pic is legit a4

Last edited:
I was tempted to offer 4k.....but im not a collector im a shooter. So ordered a 03a4 clone from creedmoor sports by rock ridge machine works.

I feel funny shooting " collector grade" firearms. Also 4k+ affords me more than one gun and a ton of ammo, bullets, powder ectect. As you mentioned this particular one isn't the best. Its been at this shop for 5 years now at 7500.00. I'm more of a representive piece
Type collector...instead of spending 4k I decided to spend 1k on a A4 clone and more bullets if I can find them.

Back
Top Bottom