SPR Project Complete!!! (MK12 MOD 1 clone)

Not exactly like the military SPR being issued but very close...........Can't wait to break it in at the range!

sorry about the flash in the pictures.......I need to get a real camera lol.....

014_10A.jpg

013_11A.jpg

Bushmaster Lower Reciever w/A2 Stock
Hogue Pistol Grip
Badger Ordnance Tac-Latch for Charging Handle
RRA Two Stage Trigger
IOR Valdada M2 .223 Scope
Troy Industries BUIS (front and rear)
White Oaks Armament 18" barrel
Vortex Flash Hider
Magpul Rail Covers
Daniel Defense 12.0 rail system
Harris Bipod
ARMS QD bipod adapter
IR Laser
Life, Liberty, Etc sticker

And here's the DPMS .308 AR upper I just bought on AR15.com........lol - I think I'm buying and building faster then I can shoot......still need to break in my SPR but I was working on building a clone of the Stoner SR-25 also (Navy MK11 sniper rifle). My DPMS .308 AR project should be done in July.

IMG_3400.jpg

Update

Updated.........

I broke in the barrel a couple of weeks ago and have fired the SPR on several occasions. Most of the ammo I've used is standard M855 or M193 ball ammo. so accuracy is kind of relative. I had some 69grain SMK I also fired which shot tighter groups then the ball ammo - I still need to get some 77grain SMK though.

The gun easily shoots 1/2 MOA to 1MOA at 100yards. At 200yards the accuracy is still there but the 4X IOR M2 Valdada scope is pushing its limits for precision shooting. I can get it in the black no problem - but consistent groups of 1-2 MOA are hard to pull off with the limited magnication and the M2 reticle. Easy to do "head shots" at 200yds but I want more precision. For a basic fixed power Combat optic I think the IOR M2 is definitely worth the money - just depends on "how" precise you want to shoot - it is 4X.

I plan on getting a variable power optic and a bunch of match grade ammunition. Also, I need a bigger range for shooting at 300 and 500/600 yards to really test the capabilities of the gun ( or moreover - MY abilities lol). This IS a 1/2MOA to 1MOA gun though - its a matter of a) basic shooting fundementals b) quality and power of optics c ) match ammo vs. ball ammo.

My SPR currently has a Hogue grip on it. I love using the Hogue grip for normal AR15 shooting. Shooting my SPR build leaves something to be desired though. For bench rest shooting and prone shooting I feel the Hogue grip is too small for my hands. That's me personally. I have a Sierra Precision Rifle grip on order from Brownells - we'll see just how that all turns out.

The RRA Two stage trigger is working fine - however I probably should have gotten the White Oaks Armament version that has been worked on. The RRA is much better then a stock single stage trigger and almost breaks like glass - but could use some "tuning". (Minor issue obviously).

Not directly related to my SPR - but my 20rnd Colt mags I've been using have Wolff springs in them - the extra power of the springs only allows me to load 19 rounds - 20rnds will barely fit - but will not lock into an AR15 lower reciever because of the extra tension on the follower.

I also zeroed the iron sights on the gun. Mfg by Troy Industries - I only have them as a backup in case the scope "fails" and I have to transition to iron sights. The sight picture isnt quite as clear as standard A2 sights in my opinion - I like the standard A2 front sight picture and these BUIS arent as precise. But they allow me to hit center mass - and since these sights are only for backup and "do the job" - I'm fine with them - not using these irons for any type of high power shooting, etc.

The A2 buttstock is great - I wouldnt change that for ANYTHING on the market.

I'll post more feedback as I get more acquanted with my new rifle and make several changes to it.......,,

Back
Top Bottom