Spotting scopes

I'm looking for an inexpensive but quality spotting scope to use bench shooting at the range between 100-300 yards. Is there any decent spotting scopes members here would recommend? or suggestions where to buy one? Any thoughts on a Bushnell Sentry?

What caliber are you going to be shooting? .22 caliber holes are nearly impossible to see at 300, unless the conditions are perfect....light from behind the target, or your holes are in the white. Then there is mirage, which will make .22 at 100 yards difficult to see clearly. Go with a fixed power eyepiece, not a zoom. Konus is supposed to be pretty good for the money. It's more than than the Bushnell, but far less than a Kowa.

spotting scope

I have a celestron i bought thru adorame camera. Best I've seen for even 3 times the money. A friend with a lieca looked thru it and was shocked at the clarity. $ 159 is pretty hard to beat.

Thanks for the replies. I would be shooting .22 at 100 yards and 7.63x39 from 200-300 yards. The celestron looks promising. Does it come with a case and stand?

I have a bushnell that's about the size of the hubble[laugh]. I think it has a 75 or 80 mm objective and it's not bad out to 200, 300 a bit fuzzy and it has 50x magnification. It was around 200 bucks and it's far from the best but it works for me I use it on the all day sessions and it's very hard to see 22 cal holes at 300. I also have a smaller winchester scope that I use more often because it's a lot smaller and easier to pack, pretty good out to a 100.

Back
Top Bottom