• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sports Authority Closing

if you go to a location that was one of the original stores they were closing, you can find some decent deals currently. Picked up a pair of winter boots and hiking sneakers for my wife. Paid about $50 for the both of them, retail on amazon was around $150 for the both of them. This was at the Danvers location.

went over to Woburn a few days ago in hopes of find some good deals on any golf clubs not sold yet, 10-20% off, very inflated prices. won't find any good deals at the remaining locations for months. they plan on selling through inventory all the way through end of August. So it will be time before prices get good.

Did the same thing in Westwood; a little bottom feeding on golf stuff, but it was mostly MSRP less 10% and not worth the expense. Will wait a bit longer for the next tier of discount.

A few weeks ago I jumped on a 30% off deal at the South Nashua store for a Crosman pellet rifle. I didn't need it, but I figured that for $30 I couldn't afford not to buy it.

I got home and looked it up and I paid normal retail price at Walmart.

The rifle has not come out of its box yet. Maybe I'll give it to my nephew for his birthday.

a27df18867aab0118b124dc2c9a84f37.jpg

I went to Marlboro today. High prices even with the "sales" and they stopped stocking the TP...... you have been warned.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Fixtures just went on sale at the Westwood location. Not sure if the other locations are starting as well.

Bought two 12 foot sections of steel shelving and pegboard (single sided) for $480.

Also got a skateboard rack for $10 that is one piece of large sheet metal away from being my shooting target storage.

I've seen better prices for fixtures elsewhere, but kind of need it sooner than later so I'll accept the markup. Plus Westwood is a brand new store so these shelves are in great condition.

they want to know why there going out of business even their going out of business sale prices are higher than other stores. at least the marlborough one

I was in the Amherst NH store on Sunday. Clerk explained that SA is already gone. Sale is run by a professional liquidator. Signs all over the place that certain brands are NOT discounted. Other signs saying "new merchandise added daily" . . . means liquidator brings in other stuff to sell at high prices. Most things were 20% off if not exempt from the discount.

Only thing that caught my eye was the GoPro at $320, but I just don't have a need for it and almost anything I would do would work well with my tiny video camera.

They did have fixtures priced but they looked relatively high priced.

I was at Salem NH store today. Boyt soft case looks nice. The price tag on the shelf was 49.99 (one of SA's on sale sign) and everyone in the "hunting/shooting" sections 25%. At check out, it ran to $74.99 after 25% off. It was based on original retail price of $99.99. Go figure!

Check Marlboro/Berlin again. Walked out with nothing. Manager said they will be selling into August with other items being brought in (from the Liquidator) to "augment" whats left. Mehhh.

got a [STRIKE=/]$180[/STRIKE] $75 tennis racket for $75 the other day in Braintree

FIFY

Check Marlboro/Berlin again. Walked out with nothing. Manager said they will be selling into August with other items being brought in (from the Liquidator) to "augment" whats left. Mehhh.

I am not seeing any real bargains there. I offered on a 'safe', but they didn't budge

Bought my son an Easton bat at a mom and pops shop for $59.99, Dick's was $69.99 for the same bat. I stopped in at Sports Authority and saw it $99.99x20% off, still 10 dollars more than I spent. They deserve to go out of business.

The SA by us is a ghost town, you would think that people would be more savy with smart phones and all but they get blinded by the HUGE signs.

been into SA twice left both times empty handed. Some things I was interested in said they were excluded fro discounts and it was clothes.

Bought my son an Easton bat at a mom and pops shop for $59.99, Dick's was $69.99 for the same bat. I stopped in at Sports Authority and saw it $99.99x20% off, still 10 dollars more than I spent. They deserve to go out of business.

If they brought in a liquidator, they no longer control pricing, the liquidator is now the owner of the inventory.

Got some good deals at the holyoke store before they shut the doors. 2 snowboard bags for like $5 a piece. A bunch of socks for snowboarding for $3 bought a burton jackets for $25 a set of goggles for $10. Some UFC shirts for $5 and a bunch of berkley fireline for $6 per 125 yards. I almost bought a small safe for ammo but passed. They had some good deals. All of their patriots/Red Sox rear was gone and all that was left was jets giants stuff

Been checking the Woburn one on my lunch break. Just about cleaned out of anything useful.

Lots of hiking socks left, pretty much the only good thing I saw.

Lots of fixtures for sale as well.

Back
Top Bottom