Sports Authority Closing

jron

NES Member
My local sports authority is going out of business and they have a lot of camping gear and prepping type stuff. its all 10% off now and will go down over time. Im going to wait it out as their prices are kind of high, everyone was running around scooping up sneakers and clothes not camping stuff.

Just thought I'd share for any fellow prepers.

The one @ Royal Ridge? Nice. They were clearing out camping bags not too long ago. I'll have to keep an eye on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm surprised they lasted as long as they did. Anytime I went there it was dead.

They have a new store that just opened a few months ago on University Ave. in Westwood.

i asked to see a 20ga shotgun in sports authority years ago...kid handed me a 12. i said "no, the 20 please" he asked the difference. i replied "about 8 gages" and went on my way. can't expect to do well when you have nike experts selling guns i guess.

Was passing by Framingham store today so stopped in.
50-70% off everything. Getting down to bare bones.
Clothing, lots of workout stuff is 50% off.
I remembered that my 14 year old twins had out grown their ski boots; so with a few calls back to the house I confirmed sizes and got 2 pair. Sign said 70% off but rang in at 80%.
And these helpful charts to help customers do the comex math on the 50% discounts....
image.jpg

Was Framingham one of the stores scheduled to close a while ago? The SA's in Westwood & Woburn were only 10-20% on Friday, but these stores were set to stay open until the full-closing annoucement last week. The prices were actually higher than sale/coupon prices before the bankruptcy announcement.

If you have a sport-authority gift card, they will only be valid until sometime in June. Use them as soon as you can.

Gonna stop by today.

Maine
Auburn store in Auburn

Massachusetts
Framingham store in Framingham
Danvers store in Danvers
Holyoke store in Holyoke

New Hampshire
Nashua store in Nashua

Stopped in the other day at the Milford store... Walked out empty handed. Checked everything. Even at 30% off, you can get it cheaper through Amazon, and even Dicks.

It's amazing they lasted as long as they have.

Last edited:
Was passing by Framingham store today so stopped in.
50-70% off everything. Getting down to bare bones.
Clothing, lots of workout stuff is 50% off.
I remembered that my 14 year old twins had out grown their ski boots; so with a few calls back to the house I confirmed sizes and got 2 pair. Sign said 70% off but rang in at 80%.
And these helpful charts to help customers do the comex math on the 50% discounts....��
View attachment 168470

You laugh at the math....but, not too long ago, MsHappy saw a 50% off sign on something, originally priced @ $39.95....now at $24.95. She pointed out to the store person that that was not a 50% discount......the reply, "How do you know?"

[laugh]

Stopped in the other day at the Milford store... Walked out empty handed. Checked everything. Even at 30% off, you can get it cheaper through Amazon, and even Dicks.

It's amazing they lasted as long as they have.
This, I spun through the Amherst NH store with The Boy a couple weeks ago: poor selection and high prices, even at a closing discount...

Last edited:
10-30% off in Woburn, most of it is only 10-20% off. The damn weekly coupons were 20%, wtf. The deals sucked. The store is full of merchandise still.

I picked up a hideous burton jacket for $70 that's normally $239. That sumbitch is toasty, and I'll never have to worry about someone having the same jacket lol

if you go to a location that was one of the original stores they were closing, you can find some decent deals currently. Picked up a pair of winter boots and hiking sneakers for my wife. Paid about $50 for the both of them, retail on amazon was around $150 for the both of them. This was at the Danvers location.

went over to Woburn a few days ago in hopes of find some good deals on any golf clubs not sold yet, 10-20% off, very inflated prices. won't find any good deals at the remaining locations for months. they plan on selling through inventory all the way through end of August. So it will be time before prices get good.

Back
Top Bottom