Sporterized Mil-Surps: what do you have?

I am trying to start a thread on Sporterized Mil-Surp Rifles. I am hoping there are others that are willing to post pictures and a description of your rifle. I am looking for Ideas on my build and thought this would help, And because I am very fond or Military sporters. If you are a purist and don't like to see modified rifles, please be nice and don't post about how we are destroying history. This is for people that are interested in sporterizing.

I just purchased a T53 Mosin Nagant and I am planning on installing a Advanced Technologies stock, scope mount, and bolt handle. I know a machinist, so installing will be a breeze. I may also get a Hubert trigger, but mine is super light, smooth and crisp, with maybe a 3lb pull. Let me know if you have any experience with these items, and if they are good quality. I will post pics when my stock and accesories arrive.

MODS: if this is in the wrong spot, please move and let me know. Thanks!

I've got a sporterized Enfield. I didn't build it ... it was handed down to me that way. It's a typical conversion ... bought out of Sears catalogue, I think, pre-68. I guess they were very popular at one time.

I took it to Mike LaRoca once for a going over. He rolled his eyes. Looks to have been cobbled together out of parts of several Enfield models.

Still, it's a fun little carbine.

I've done a couple of large ring Mausers. Great platform to build off of. They're plentiful, cheap, very strong and there is a ton of stuff available for them.

I picked up an Enfield #4 Mk1 for $150 and my son wanted to create a "sniper" rifle. So we picked up a resin stock and bipod. The scope mount is waiting for my son to save for a scope to go with it! This is a really cool rifle and a blast (cheap too) to shoot with surplus ammo!

DSCF1113.jpg

IMG_4009.JPG

Ultimak handguard on m1 carbine. No M1 Carbines were harmed in making this picture, the rail can be removed with just four screws, to go back to the original configuration.

IMG_4009.JPG

Ultimak handguard on m1 carbine. No M1 Carbines were harmed in making this picture, the rail can be removed with just four screws, to go back to the original configuration.

I have one of those rails and it was mounted on one of my carbines while I was living in Boston, with an EOTech 512, as my HD gun. It's a handy little thing.

Back
Top Bottom