Sporterized Mauser Markings

I failed miserably at trying to fit the stock that mac1911 gave me. I owe him a beer...or bunch, for his help.

Saturday I went gun shop cruising to see if I could find a "bin-o-stocks" but didn't have any luck:

Competition Shooting Supplies - Pawtucket, RI
Lost Treasures - Pawtucket, RI
Gartman Arms - Wrentham
The Gunrunner - Middleboro
Outback Arms - Plympton
Fat Cat Sports - Bridgewater
Bay State Trading Post - Rehoboth

Talked with shop staff and most said wait till a gun show. I was also pointed to SARCO, Inc. and Hoosier Gun Works. Have found some on ebay too but would rather find it local so i can see if it fits. Anyone know of a shop in MA or RI that may have stocks? Hoping to find something that I don't have to fit (screw up). Thanks
Funny I was just trying to find this post to see how you made out. I'm surprised with Boyds fancy machines and today's tech no one is making reproduction stocks?

Finally found a stock. A small bit of fitting but a cut-down BRNO 98/22 stock found on ebay for $25 worked out. So now this sporterized K98 BNZ 45 WaA63 stamped Mauser is ready to shoot. Ain't pretty but hopefully a good shooter. Thanks to @mac1911 for all his help and advice. 20180728_160735.jpg 20180728_160748.jpg 20180728_160836.jpg 20180728_160852.jpg 20180728_160954.jpg

Last edited:
Cool , glad to see it come together and looking forward to the range report. IIRC the bore was not to bad on that?

Finally got to fire the Mauser today. 100 yds, standing. I have never been a great shot but I was really satisfied once I figured the sights out. When I have more time will see how well I do with bench rest.

20180821_111136.jpg

Thats not bad at all, a few more rounds with a little barrel cleaning between and i bet it will shoot nice. Heck you have a nice free floated barrel there.

Thats not bad at all, a few more rounds with a little barrel cleaning between and i bet it will shoot nice. Heck you have a nice free floated barrel there.
Does the sight flip or is is fixed?

Shoot, bore foam, brush, clean. Bore snake really helps. Repeat.

t
Thanks for the advice @mac1911 and @majspud with cleaning the bore . The site flips, 2 height positions.

Back
Top Bottom