Someone on probation/parole in a house with guns?

LR308_GNR

NES Member
A friend of mine (yes he's a moron) is getting out of jail for a DUI charge, and he asked to stay at my house while he finds a apartment to rent.

I thought I read somewhere that someone on probation/parole, is not allowed within the vicinity of firearms... and if found in such a situation, the owner of the firearms is liable.

Is the above true?

If so, does firearm containment inside a locked safe (not a cheap metal cabinet, a SAFE!), satisfy this law?

Hope all this made sense.

GNR

I was involved with a discussion about this recently. Person I was talking with had been advised by the Probation Department that if/when his Son is released from prison, that the following is true. I make no claims one way or another, as I have no direct knowledge in this area, thank G_d!

Turns out that the Board of Probation is supposed to visit the household where the person is being released to and they have a LONG LIST of prohibited items in said household.

NO GUNS can be present (even under lock and key) in said household.

If the homeowner does not agree, either the person is not released, or they must find another location to get released to.

You give up your 2A rights to own guns by having such a person live with you.

Your choice!

Well, that makes my decision easy... the answer will be NO!

I will, in no way, shape or form, give up my rights because a friend made a poor judgement call. He will have to find some other option for a temporary residence.

This also makes me wonder why I have yet to become a paid member of this site. This online community is by far, one of the best I have come across. I have secured many a firearm through Northeastshooters, and a abundance of knowledge.

My membership will be incoming... I shall gladly join the fold!

Thanks Len. [cheers]

I think that is the right choice.

Welcome to the "green side" as well.

P.S. I here somebody is giving away some really nice grips in the members area.[wink]

Back
Top Bottom