Some updates and two questions...

I got the forms in the mail from the ATF for the CCR license and to "assemble a weapon".

My first question is; I want to change the upper on my M4A3 for a shorter barrel. The "assemble a weapon" form allows me to turn the rifle in a "SBR" right? I figure I'll just buy a new upper so I am not at the mercy of a gun smith when I want the shorter barrel installed and if I want to switch back.

My second question is; I have a Class A LTC with the target and hunting restriction. The license expires every 5 years but I don’t want to wait 5 years to try to get the limitations lifted. Do you guys think I am wasting my time if I go back after only 1 year to re-apply?

I have also contacted CMP about getting my hands on a M1 Garand. I think I will send payment before the end of the year.[grin]

Preacher Sheets said:
My second question is; I have a Class A LTC with the target and hunting restriction. The license expires every 5 years but I don’t want to wait 5 years to try to get the limitations lifted. Do you guys think I am wasting my time if I go back after only 1 year to re-apply?

Gotta ask your PD that question. Some folks have been successful with that approach, others have been told not to bother. Depends upon what your chief is willing to do.

You need to do a Form 1 and a Form 4 to build and own a SBR. The lower will also have to be engraved with your information.

You need to do a Form 1 and a Form 4 to build and own a SBR. The lower will also have to be engraved with your information.

Also.. You do NOT want to do anything to the gun, or even be in possession of the upper until the form comes back approved.

Having the lower and an upper w/ a bbl less than 16", even if not assembled constitutes possession of an unregistered NFA device in the eyes of the feds..

Back
Top Bottom