• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Some Priceless Artifacts

A close Marine buddy that I have helped readjusting into civilian life, has givin me some unique gifts or artifacts. First is some sand "more like lava rock" from they Island of Iwo Jima. I asked him how the hell did you end up there, he said he was on his way to Japan and the captain said OK you school girls we are going on a field trip, we are stopping here to remind you in case you have forgotten why you volunteered. He then says to the captain "can you do that sir" to which he responded "I am the captain I will do as I FN please"

2nd Is the rag off the head of an infidel that he took as a trophy. "he has several" They had him cornered but he had taken a little girl as a hostage and had a knife to her throat. And he was telling me that sometimes they take one last victim since they never intend on surrendering, So my buddy with his uncanny ability to shoot from the hip with his M16, let him have a short burst and hit him right under the jaw, to which he fell where he stood. He insisted that I had to wipe my feet on it before he gave it to me which I obliged.

Dean

I think the rocks are cool...the other thing I wouldn't want anywhere near me personally...but cool story on how you got it from you buddy.

I think the rocks are cool...the other thing I wouldn't want anywhere near me personally...but cool story on how you got it from you buddy.

At first I didn't know how to react to the rag either, because it caught me so much by surprise, but it obviously meant a lot to him being able to give them to me so I obliged. The way I look at it now I wish I had 1000 more, and when I look at it I think of the story more than the deceased, that and him telling me that the mother and father were trying to give him there oldest daughter in thanks. And were very offended when he did not take them up on there offer.

Dean

Couple of points here:

"The rag off the head of an infidel".....I don't think you know what that word means, especially since many of the "muzzy haters" in America proudly proclaim themselves to be infidels.

"So my buddy with his uncanny ability to shoot from the hip with his M16, let him have a short burst and hit him right under the jaw" sounds both like bullshit and stupid. I have heard similar stories from some vets who get into stolen valor. Like the guy who was a sniper in the special forces. Oh, wait....he was actually a cook in the national guard. If he did point shoot at some guy holding a knife to a little girl's throat, he is ridiculously careless.

The rocks from Iwo Jima are cool.

You are right about the infidel part my mistake, There is no question I believe what he has told me, I have seen the pain in his eyes and how many years it has taken him to readjust to civilian life, I showed these in good faith and if anyone chooses not to believe him or gives me to much crap or grief I will simply delete the post, him offering them to me was a huge step, usually I can't even get him to talk about it.

Dean

PS: I ask him about taking that shot, and he said after several tours you are just so disconnected and immune to death, that you become reckless and don't care.

Last edited:
My brother brought me home sand from Omaha beach. And my cousin gave me a flag that he and his fellow Marines "flew in the face of the enemy" in Fallujah. I consider them both to be two of the best gifts I've ever been given.

Sorta like this.

Dean
Exactly like that, they both, flag and certificate hang framed in my man cave. He gave it to me for "all I did" for him sending he and his crew care packages while he was over there, "for all I did". He's over there fighting and my fat ass is making to the post office once a week mailing candy and junk and he's giving me gifts, I almost balled when he gave it to me. "For all I did". We Can't thank our vets enough.

Last edited:
His favorite thing I use to send him were Panty hoses[laugh] no for real, That and Werthers candy among other things.

Dean

You are right about the infidel part my mistake, There is no question I believe what he has told me, I have seen the pain in his eyes and how many years it has taken him to readjust to civilian life, I showed these in good faith and if anyone chooses not to believe him or gives me to much crap or grief I will simply delete the post, him offering them to me was a huge step, usually I can't even get him to talk about it.

Dean

PS: I ask him about taking that shot, and he said after several tours you are just so disconnected and immune to death, that you become reckless and don't care.

Welcome to NES, where you will be criticized for saving a puppy.

he lived what he lived.
you are an important part of his life proven by the fact he has chosen to share these things with you.

fu(k everyone else...

- - - Updated - - -

Anybody that saves a puppy or a kitten is a snowflake faggotini bitch.

now i'm hungry for faggotini and meatballs with marinara sauce.

Back
Top Bottom