• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Some 1911 pics

Here's one:

webithaca1911_1.jpg

Wayne Novak makes a one piece backstrap that replaces the grip safety and the mainspring housing. Might be worth looking into for those who have small hands.

Pilgrim > Nice Ithaca!

I have a small collection of Ithaca shot guns and just recently picked up Walt Snyder's books on the history of Ithaca Gun at the Marlboro Gun Show (Ithaca is my home town). A very interesting history of American gun making that unfortunatley has come to an end; although some guys in OH are starting to produce some Ithaca guns again.

If you are ever looking to part with that .45 please let me know!!

Here is one of mine, An Argentine Colt that dates to the very early 1950's or so. Somewhere along the line someone had it refinished.

ArgentineColt.jpg

My bad...got excited...I still want to know about them, PistolPete

One of them is an SVI Infinity (www.sviguns.com) and it's a decent gun. It has all the goodies with the Schueman AET barrel adj. sights, Brazos Fiber Optic front sight etc. etc. Out of all my double stack 1911's it's not near the top of the list. Most of my other guns are better. The one at the top of the page with the slide cuts and highly polished hard chrome is by a company called Saylor Customs. It's built on an STI Frame and is pretty unique. It has the slide lightened has a really cool scalloped slide, ambi safeties etc etc. It's prob. one of the coolest looking guns I own but isn't as good as my Brazos guns. The Brazos are the best guns I own. I can't say enough about them. Let me know if you have any other question.

Here is another one that I didn't include:

BrazosEdge003.jpg

BrazosEdge002.jpg

I'm not sure why exactly but that looks great.

Thanks. I am not sure what finish this is. It's midway between a flat and a glossy and looks nice in person. The pistol needs a bit of work; I'm hoping to get to Worcester in the near future and drop it off with Mike LaRocca.

I really like the tuned edge.
Are any the limited guns going to make it to a match?

I will shoot a few matches this year in limited. I almost decided to just shoot limited because I have so many limited guns but seeing that I ordered another backup gun (haha) I'll shot 95% in open.

The tuned Edge is a great gun. it's really tight and shoots great but my new gun from him is even better. The slide to frame fit is exceptional. I can't wait to get to another match!!!!

One of them is an SVI Infinity (www.sviguns.com) and it's a decent gun. It has all the goodies with the Schueman AET barrel adj. sights, Brazos Fiber Optic front sight etc. etc. Out of all my double stack 1911's it's not near the top of the list. Most of my other guns are better. The one at the top of the page with the slide cuts and highly polished hard chrome is by a company called Saylor Customs. It's built on an STI Frame and is pretty unique. It has the slide lightened has a really cool scalloped slide, ambi safeties etc etc. It's prob. one of the coolest looking guns I own but isn't as good as my Brazos guns. The Brazos are the best guns I own. I can't say enough about them. Let me know if you have any other question.

Thanks for taking the time - I will look more into some of the info you gave...appreciate it, PistolPete!!

Here are my two 1911s and a Star B. The Star B is so much like a 1911 that I think it is a 1911. The others are a first run S&W 1911 and the second is a Norinco 1911 clone. One day I'd love to get a WWII 1911. Need to save a LOT of money for that one.

1911side.jpg

1911s.jpg

My pride and joy.

See if you can guess which is which. [grin]
DSC01393.jpg

DSC01078.jpg

And YES ladies and gentlemen, that IS the serial number.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom