• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Solved the Lighting Problem in my Gun Safe

majspud

NES Life Member
NES Member
After going dropping off a few things for Son in the Hospital, I went to the range and shot 6 magazines out of the P38; 3 at 75 feet, and 3 at 50 feet. 50 feet was rapid fire. I found out you need to cover the black when aiming at distance, so a bunch are low. Nippy 47 degrees. Did my civic duty and cleaned up the range of brass, or as much as my new small profile range bag (one of my spare white Civil War canvas haversacks) could carry. I picked up almost nine pounds of brass, and there were still a few hundred more there.

Stopped at Walmart and picked up few things, and found GE LED "Puck Lights." Two to a package ($25), and can be turned on by hand or a RF switch. Can be screw mounted or they also came with some hefty double sided tape. The tape even sticks to the fabric covered top of the save above the long rifles on the right side. Each light needs 3AA batteries. I got 4 lights and they all work off one switch that I put on the upper left outside of the safe. Worked out really well; now I don't have to move my gun desk lamp to see inside the safe.

T

Attachments

• IMG_1789.jpg
    IMG_1789.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_1788.jpg
    IMG_1788.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
I had to go with batteries as I have a 1000 pound fire-proof 48+8 safe; there are no holes to let a wire out. I don't think the door would close over a cord.

T

Where there's a will, there's a way. This also lets you power a goldenrod.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm...schemingbunny...

T

Thanks ccm75. He's been neurological inpatient for a month now.

Attachments

• DSCN2941.jpg
    DSCN2941.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom