SOCOM 16 - Quick Range Report

Mass-diver

NES Member
I've now put 100rounds through "the most hated gun on the internet." No malfunctions. So far, I love this thing. Recoil is very light - not much more than my Ak-47. It has much more felt recoil than my old PTR-91. The rifle is a natural pointer and comes back on target very fast. I was planning on picking up an Aimpoint for it, but now that I've seen the sights first hand I'm not so sure.

I don't have a sling yet, and I'm not a good shot by any means, but just free standing and shooting at a decent pace: I found it hard to miss a dinner plate sized target at 50 yards.

For all I read about blast and noise, I have not really noticed it - maybe it's the ammo I'm shooting (150gr magtech .308)? And, I've been too scared too try to clean it yet.

Maybe this thing will start to jam at some point, but so far, I've very glad I picked it up.

IMG_0190.jpg

I have wanted one for several years now and keep pushing off the purchase for other things.

I would be one happy camper with that bad boy. Thanks for the report.

I LOVE my SOCOM-16. It's hands-down my favorite rifle. I have well over 10,000 rounds through mine with two malfunctions - both magazine related. I find generally people that "hate" them, have never even pulled the trigger on one. At least a couple thousand of the rounds fired were done so by other people trying it out. I haven't seen a single person walk away from my SOCOM-16 without a major grin..[grin] Now in the Troy MCS, the SOCOM-16 went from evil to kick-ass evil...[devil]

Congrats on your rifle man - we need to get NX1Z and a few others together for some SOCOM-16 fun and adventure...[wink]

PS: If you feed it well and keep it greased, the SOCOM-16 will not jam...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom