So when do they swear in Brown?

Latest word I can find is Feb 11. Would have been Jan 20 if he was a Dem. Politics as usual if you ask me. Let's see how much legislation they can try to ram down our throats before then. [popcorn]

Though I guess Scott can use the time to put a staff together. This is a big move. While I wish him all the time in the world, I don't trust the powers that be.

Things eased because the Dems agreed to back off ram-roding the Obamacare. Well, they just pushed through raising the deficit celling almost $2 trillion...my guess is Brown would not have voted for that. Don't be surprised if there is a lot more legislation quietly pushed through before the 11th. It is stealing legislation and it is WRONG.

I made some calls about it this morning.

Called Galvins office first, they said it was Congress making them certify the towns.

Called The White House just to register a complaint, got an awesome guy on the switchboard that told me to call Congress.

Called Nikki Tsongas's office, got a nice helpful aid that knew nothing about what was going on but was pretty incredulous that the State House was blaming Congress. He suggested I speak to Senator Kerry.

Called Senator Kerry's office, got a complete asshat, arrogant prick of an aid that tried shouting me down (way wrong move on his part) he told me it wasn't due to Congress telling Galvin that the towns had to certify, he told me that it was due to Harry Reid setting the date of Feb 11th. I asked him why we were able to immediately seat other specially elected politicians in the past and he vehemently denied it ever happening, almost took offense that I brought it up, said that was "mis-information" and that "nobody has every been seated in less than two weeks" I reminded him of the rule bending Kennedy seating and he denied it ever happened, then tried to shout me down again so I told the little prick that I would look forward to voting him into the unemployment line this fall. Then had him connect me to Harry Reid's office.

Harry Reid's aid was a nice woman with a western accent who would divulge no information other than "Senator Reid has no official statement about the seating of Senator Elect Brown"

Round and round it goes.

Can't wait to vote these idiots out of office this fall.

Last edited:
Looks like they will seat him after they get everything passed that they want.
By the time he gets seated it will be to late:(
We the voters are getting shafted.

Called Galvins office first, they said it was Congress making them certify the towns.

Called The White House just to register a complaint, got an awesome guy on the switchboard that told me to call Congress.

Called Nikki Tsongas's office, got a nice helpful aid that knew nothing about what was going on but was pretty incredulous that the State House was blaming Congress. He suggested I speak to Senator Kerry.

Called Senator Kerry's office, got a complete asshat, arrogant prick of an aid that tried shouting me down (way wrong move on his part) he told me it wasn't due to Congress telling Galvin that the towns had to certify, he told me that it was due to Harry Reid setting the date of Feb 11th. I asked him why we were able to immediately seat other specially elected politicians in the past and he vehemently denied it ever happening, almost took offense that I brought it up, said that was "mis-information" and that "nobody has every been seated in less than two weeks" I reminded him of the rule bending Kennedy seating and he denied it ever happened, then tried to shout me down again so I told the little prick that I would look forward to voting him into the unemployment line this fall. Then had him connect me to Harry Reid's office.

Harry Reid's aid was a nice woman with a western accent who would divulge no information other than "Senator Reid has no official statement about the seating of Senator Elect Brown"

Round and round it goes.

I appreciate your artful use of the term "little prick". Like "oh, balls", it's a term less used in these modern times ... but much needed.

Round and round it goes.

Call back and ask when Senator Kerry is taking you out to dinner. When the little prick is confused, tell him calmly....because my mother raised me right and I insist on at least dinner before getting f*cked!

Back
Top Bottom