• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

so much Fail, called my State Rep today

stinx

NES Member
Today I called my local rep to voice my opposition to the pending gun control bills. I was pleasantly surprised when his aid stated he too has issues with most of what's being proposed. I then called my state rep and basically his aid stated he supports all of the new proposals especially the ban on assault weapon's as well as the hi capacity magazines. So much fail in this state

Local was Lombardo State was Donnolly

Both of these guys are state legislators...Lombardo is a rep, Ken Donnelly is a senator.

Does Donnelly even know what the F is even being proposed in this state? Mandatory insurance, off-site storage of firearms, reclassifying LTCs to make all large capacity guns illegal, 25% tax on ammo, etc?

I sent my state rep an e-mail months ago about a different issue that I believed, since he's a Congressman, he owned some of the blame for, and asked what specific steps he was taking to un-f*** it. Put it much more eloquently than that, of course - very civilized and polite, but very direct. More or less forgot about it until a week or two again, then got pissed that I never got so much as a canned response from an aid or intern or anything. Sent an actual paper explaining why I would vote against him next time around since his office wouldn't even acknowledge his constituents concerns. Guy ended up calling himself, insisted it was his fault and not his staffers, that he had them print the e-mail so he could respond himself, and got absorbed with some of the other big national issues that had popped up shortly afterwards and just plain forgot. Made no excuses, apologized for it, and spent a good half hour on the phone answering my questions directly. The guy was shockingly direct for a politician - and a Democrat at that. (Yeah, still probably won't vote for the guy, but wouldn't if he was an R, either.)

Funny how when I lived in Mass the best I could get out of our reps was a form letter or e-mail thanking me for my concerns and assuring me that my reps were doing the exact opposite and fighting for a piece of the Constitution to wipe their asses with.

Both of these guys are state legislators...Lombardo is a rep, Ken Donnelly is a senator.

Does Donnelly even know what the F is even being proposed in this state? Mandatory insurance, off-site storage of firearms, reclassifying LTCs to make all large capacity guns illegal, 25% tax on ammo, etc?

This s**t was so much easier to deal with before taking the red pill. F this state.

Sent from a phone. Isn't technology crazy?

Back
Top Bottom