Smith and Wesson M&P Bodyguard .380.

Hello folks

Today I took a visit down to shooting supply in westport and picked up a very nice budget personal defense pistol. I have loved my time with the J frame on my side that I decided to get it's distant cousin. Something that was a semi auto composite pistol.

What is everyone's thoughts on the Body guards? I'm looking forward to putting some quality time at the range and coming back with a range report of how I like it. Just wanted to see what everyone's experiences have been with them.

34102754_1951438811541630_2104471221272838144_n.jpg

I really love how small and compact it is for the amount of rounds it holds and it also was a nice touch for it to come with 2 magazines and a carrying case.

Have had one a couple years. It's compact and reliable. But the trigger is tough. Shot someone's 238 at the range the other day, and the difference was dramatic. But it's bigger, heavier, and about twice as expensive.

I don't regret buying the BG380, and have put many rounds through it. At the price, it's hard to complain. But do plan on upgrading one day.

Mine was the straw that broke the camel's back when it came to S&W and me.

The firing pin broke, which was fairly common at the time, according to S&W Forums. Customer Service were complete asshats, and I got rid of the gun shortly after. Didn't trust it again.

Guy I sold it to, with full disclaimer of the repair, had issues and would up dumping it, too.

I bought one during their$50 rebate days. Other than the trigger, which I expected, I had 2 complaints. The safety was so stiff I had to completely change my grip to disengage it, and to engage it almost had to use a tool. The other was half the time it would dump the slide when inserting the mag. If I inserted it vigoroysly it dropped the slide every time. I sent it back to S&W and the safety is perfect and it only drops the slide when I slam a mag in.

I shoot it better than I expected, but today I'm ordering the Galloway kit.

My neighbor has one. Would randomly eject the magazine (he says he wouldnt touch the ejector), and would quite regularly have FTF. He wound up using it purely for range as he wouldnt trust it, but i think he sent it back to SW, and they rectified it. From what I understand its working well now.

IMG_0588.JPG For me the BG.380 was the perfect replacement for my J-frame,I for one like the looong double action trigger and two more rounds.SS slide,second strike capability.I have well over 2k flawless rounds thru her and very accurate..
I have an LCP and a P-238 but the Bodyguard gets 90% of the carry time

>>I'm looking forward to putting some quality time at the range and coming back with a range report of how I like it<<

I'm not sure the term "quality range time" and the Bodyguard belong in the same sentence. Just saying.......

good luck,i just bought a new one and it was VERY accurate ...when it would shoot!!!! had at least 2 light strikes every mag! would fire on the 2nd pull..guess i will get rid of this M&P and go back to a Sig!

Attachments

• SW 380.jpg
    SW 380.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom