Smelts running in Maine yet?

That Guy

Banned
Anyone here going to dip smelts this spring? I heard someone mention that they were starting to run - just trying to get confirmation. I won't be back up until Monday, so hopefully Monday night I'll get out and see

I love smelts all fried up in corn meal and butter - delicious stuff right there.

I love smelts all fried up in corn meal and butter

I hear ya there bro, love me some smelts.
One of my fondest memories as kid growing up was going smelting with my father and my uncle (both long since passed) It was guy thing. My mother and aunt would be all prepared to cook 'em up when we got home.
I'm pretty sure that it was on one of those trips that I had my first taste of a malt beverage. (OK, but don't tell your Mother) It seems like those instructions followed a lot of fun things back then. LOL

I hear ya there bro, love me some smelts.
One of my fondest memories as kid growing up was going smelting with my father and my uncle (both long since passed) It was guy thing. My mother and aunt would be all prepared to cook 'em up when we got home.
I'm pretty sure that it was on one of those trips that I had my first taste of a malt beverage. (OK, but don't tell your Mother) It seems like those instructions followed a lot of fun things back then. LOL

If I had a dollar for every time my father said, "Don't tell your mother" on a fishing trip, I'd be rich!

I used to go to Lynn with my buddy and his uncle and sit on a dock with a Coleman lantern and these little smelt rods. We caught tons of them and his mom would fry them up for us...

Back
Top Bottom