Skywarn...it's done.

During really bad weather listen to the Danvers 145.47 machine. It becomes a Skywarn net and the traffic is interesting to listen to.

Some of the hard core ones pay for a weather radar service that's so good I've heard them saying the cell is "running straight down Main st. and will be over your location in 5 minutes". I use the Intellicast interactive weather map to watch where the nasties are and are headed. It's fun knowing just when you're going to get the snot knocked out of you.

Yup, it looks like mo' rain.

2z65jcn.jpg

During really bad weather listen to the Danvers 145.47 machine. It becomes a Skywarn net and the traffic is interesting to listen to.

Some of the hard core ones pay for a weather radar service that's so good I've heard them saying the cell is "running straight down Main st. and will be over your location in 5 minutes". I use the Intellicast interactive weather map to watch where the nasties are and are headed. It's fun knowing just when you're going to get the snot knocked out of you.

I should be able to hear Danvers...I need to find out which Repeaters are good for where I live that I can report on.

I should be able to hear Danvers...I need to find out which Repeaters are good for where I live that I can report on.
There's always the phone and web, but what fun is that?

Was the class given by Rob Macedo from Taunton? I took his class a year ago and liked it.
The Taunton skywarn site (wx1box.org) has a list of Skywarn repeaters.
I also sighed up for their emails. Whenever nasty weather is headed our way he sends out a synopsis. I can't find the link to sign up, but I bet he gave it to you at the class.

There's always the phone and web, but what fun is that?

Was the class given by Rob Macedo from Taunton? I took his class a year ago and liked it.
The Taunton skywarn site (wx1box.org) has a list of Skywarn repeaters.
I also sighed up for their emails. Whenever nasty weather is headed our way he sends out a synopsis. I can't find the link to sign up, but I bet he gave it to you at the class.

Yea, that's who taught it. And, it was in Taunton as well. LOL!

I'm goingto have to sign up as well...

Yea, that's who taught it. And, it was in Taunton as well. LOL!

I'm goingto have to sign up as well...

Fairhaven and Bridgewater repeaters are the most active Skywarn repeaters in this area. Fairhaven is frequently linked to Connecticut via echolink during severe events.

Skywarn training: Ipswich Sat. 11/19 11:00 - 2:00

I just got this email today. I've seen Rob's classes and they are good. I took the class 2yrs ago and if I have time will do it again here.

Hello to all..

There will be a SKYWARN Class in Ipswich, Massachusetts on Saturday November
19th, 2011 from 11 AM to 2 PM at the Ipswich Town Hall, 25 Green Street,
Ipswich, Massachusetts. The SKYWARN Class will be taught by Amateur Radio
Coordinators. Below is a link to the Special announcement on the SKYWARN Class
and the SKYWARN training Schedule link:

Special Announcement: Ipswich SKYWARN Training Class - Saturday November 19th,
2011 11 AM-2 PM:
http://wx1box.org/node/1546

SKYWARN Training Schedule link:
http://wx1box.org/node/36

No preregistration is required for this session.

Respectfully Submitted,

Robert Macedo (KD1CY)
ARES SKYWARN Coordinator
Eastern Massachusetts ARES Section Emergency Coordinator
Home Phone #: (508) 994-1875 (After 6 PM)
Home/Data #: (508) 997-4503 (After 6 PM)
Work Phone #: 508-346-2929 (8 AM-5 PM)
Email Address: [email protected]
http://ares.ema.arrl.org
http://www.wx1box.org

Just took the class at MCLA in North Adams (From NWS Albany) last night. Good info, was cool to see local statistics for severe events over the last year and since the 50s. For those in western ma, they have an advanced class in Albany NY on 5/12, can't make it I'll be in Boston at the Sox game!

Something always seems to come up when I'm thinking of taking the course.
I'm proud of all of you trainees. May you serve the world well and promote the hobby!!!

Back
Top Bottom