• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SKS Stripper clips

Is there a local place to find these, or a particular brand/type to look for online? I have heard mixed reviews of the NCstar new ones and am having trouble finding other types.

I have the ncstar ones from Amazon. Out of the 20 I think 18 work wellish. Those other 2 won't hold ammo and I haven't bothered trying to fix them. The ammo is hard to strip off them, but I think that's probably because I suck at it.

for the price I would recommend them.

NcStar are garbage. They are inconsistent is size and are generally too narrow to work with my SKS. The nubs on the sides aren't able to hold onto the bolt carrier to unload the rounds without sliding the entire clip inside. The Yugo ones are great. Easy to strip off and are much firmer than the cheapie ones. BXNs are known to be the best, so just get those and let it be.

NcStar are garbage. They are inconsistent is size and are generally too narrow to work with my SKS. The nubs on the sides aren't able to hold onto the bolt carrier to unload the rounds without sliding the entire clip inside. The Yugo ones are great. Easy to strip off and are much firmer than the cheapie ones. BXNs are known to be the best, so just get those and let it be.

Where can you get these BXN clips? Sorry, newb here.

ebay usually, lots of listings. Might be lucky to see them at gun shows, but you should expect rape prices. Unless you're willing to shell out good money for BXNs, get the Yugo clips. It's like 1/2 the price and functions perfectly well in my Yugo SKS.

The YUGO brass cased 762x39 is very very good stuff.
Accurate and consistent as far as sks go.
The clips are great and generally if you can find them loaded on clips the clips are usually free with the ammo.
I also have a bunch of Chinese ones that came with some norinco ammo I,bought way back in 1988.
I,have picked up plenty of clips at local gun stores. They generally are not all that much. I do not see anyone ever using clips with their sks at the range... and many times people often ask me why I use them...

Good deal. I liked using them at the range. Much easier reloading. I usually keep several loaded on the bench.

My NCStar ones are not great, but get the job done well enough. A little bit sticky, but usable. Figured they might get easier with more use. For $8/20 or whatever I didn't expect much. I plan to keep an eye out for surplus ones.

Back
Top Bottom