Skinner Auctions

I have tried bidding on a similar auctions site called invaluable.com. They have some great C&R stuff, and the bidding ends up about what you might see on gunbroker, but they have a pretty high fee that the auction house takes (the "Buyer’s Premium"), quite a bit more than gunbroker does , and I have not seen any real bargains to be found. I was bidding on some m1 carbines, and while the bids ended up seemingly lower than you'd see on gunbroker, with the "Buyer's Premium" the prices did not look significantly better.

Never been to a Skinner firearms auction, but I have bought a number of antiques from them over the years. Yes, you need to be aware of the buyer's premium which will substantially increase the price.

Also, at least with antiques, their pre-auction estimates can sometimes be pretty low so I wouldn't expect to be able pick up a screaming bargain based solely on their pre-auction valuations.

I have tried bidding on a similar auctions site called invaluable.com. They have some great C&R stuff, and the bidding ends up about what you might see on gunbroker, but they have a pretty high fee that the auction house takes (the "Buyer’s Premium"), quite a bit more than gunbroker does , and I have not seen any real bargains to be found. I was bidding on some m1 carbines, and while the bids ended up seemingly lower than you'd see on gunbroker, with the "Buyer's Premium" the prices did not look significantly better.

The buyer's premium is actually optional (in theory, but not that I've seen in practice), and depends on which auction house is offering the lot. Full disclosure: I work at Invaluable (and spend a lot of time drooling over the non-MA compliant guns that I'll never own).

Although it's often depicted as "Skinner Boston", they have a large building on Cedar Hill St in Marlborough.

Back
Top Bottom