• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Rock Island Auctions

Broc

NES Member
Hi,

I have seen the name pop up in threads a few times throughout the years, but it is usually someone talking about some cool gun they have on auction.

I am interested in participating in one of the auctions and wanted to get everyone's experience.

Are they easy to deal with?

Once you win, for how long do they hold the gun until a dealer sends their FFL?

Is their online bidding process easy?

Have you found their pics and descriptions to be accurate?

It's easy to register, and as long as the gun is MA compliant, or you have a C&R FFL, you're all set. Otherwise, don't bid on a particular item. Also, the auction house charges a "premium" of like 17.5%, which significantly adds to the price. And, most likely what you want is being bid on by other determined folks with money to burn. In my experience, people with greater resources than me have snatched up WW1 1911s and WW2 1911A1s for some serious cash. For example, in their most recent auction I was ready to bid $1,500 on a 1911A1 that was valued by the house at $900-1,400. It went for over $5,000. Crazy!

They get all you info up front , bidding is easy . I have won 2 items and they where of little value but i got them about 2 weeks after closing.
They are a huge outfit. There Auctions have hundreds if not thousands of items.
The thing to remember is your winning bid does not include shipping, 2% credit card fee and 18% buyers premium charge. Not to mention sales tax -im sure they are now collecting state sales tax where required.

They get all you info up front , bidding is easy . I have won 2 items and they where of little value but i got them about 2 weeks after closing.
They are a huge outfit. There Auctions have hundreds if not thousands of items.
The thing to remember is your winning bid does not include shipping, 2% credit card fee and 18% buyers premium charge. Not to mention sales tax -im sure they are now collecting state sales tax where required.
18% premium? Damn.

I never do auctions, so I am not sure if that is high or average.

Back
Top Bottom