• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sixth grade girl opens fire at middle school in Idaho, injuring 3

Reptile

NES Member
A female middle school student opened fire on classmates in Rigby, Idaho, on Thursday, officials said.

Two students and one adult were injured, police said. The adult was treated and released from Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center, while the two students — one girl and one boy — had non-life-threatening injuries, officials said.

Both will remain in the hospital overnight, and may require surgery, hospital officials said at a press conference.

The sixth grader removed a handgun from her backpack and began firing just after 9 a.m., the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office said at the press conference. Two people were shot in a school hallway, before she moved outside and another person was shot, the sheriff's office said.

Well that skews the stats that "all mass shooters are male." Unless she identified as such.

6th grade is around 11 yrs old. WTF, O?

It’s the covid lockdown that is screwing up these kids don’t you know.
I listened to some idiot woman call into a radio program not too long ago and complain about how her kid was becoming self abusive. She blamed it all on the lockdown and how the kids can’t socialize anymore. Me thinks if your kid is beating themselves up school isn’t your and won’t solve that problem.

Last edited:
This will end up being spun into national gun storage laws, pretty sure Idaho is normal and doesn't require storage like MA.
If this is the result of an owner not being a responsible person then that owner should face the same charges.

This will end up being spun into national gun storage laws, pretty sure Idaho is normal and doesn't require storage like MA.
Bingo

1620417206024.png

This will be the headline story in the push for "PROTECT THE CHILDREN!" which some DNC focus group determined would resonate best with soccer moms. "LOCK UP THE GUNS UNLESS GOING TO THE RANGE" will come next. Like Canada.

Then they'll close down the ranges.

1620417402314.png

If this is the result of an owner not being a responsible person then that owner should face the same charges.

Your son or daughter, assuming you have one, gets the keys to your car and goes for a ride and kills a family of four in a minivan.

Should you get charged for the crime ?

you guys are sick...

I also somehow doubt she woke up one day and said “today is the day”

I’m thinking this a bullying thing. She wanted to make someone pay for it.
Back in my day you punched out the other kids before he got you.....and 1/2 the school yard yelled “fight”. Kids these days have it so easy....ya, dad .40 (cos he’s a dip $hit) is sitting on the table...I’ll talk it to school and show that little bitch who’s a bad ass!

Your son or daughter, assuming you have one, gets the keys to your car and goes for a ride and kills a family of four in a minivan.

Should you get charged for the crime ?
Depends, do they have a driver's license? If so then no, they have taken on that responsibility themselves. Of course, if they are under 18 you would have to had allowed it and you are probably still financially responsible. On the other hand, if they do not have a license you, as the parent, are responsible to either teach them to not F around with the car, or prevent them from having access, so yes you should share the charge. You had a responsibility as a parent and you failed.
Define how the owner would be responsible.
If you child is capable of handling a gun, and you didn't either keep it locked up or teach them to not use it inappropriately, basically you didn't act as a responsible gun owner, then you should also be held responsible.

If you don't want the government to tell you what to do, then you need to be responsible. It comes down to personal responsibility or you can be controlled by others. It's your choice. I don't want the Gov telling me what I can do, I will take credit for the good I do, and I will stand responsible for my mistakes.

I have 4 children, raised with guns in the house, with no legal requirement to keep them locked up. Yet until I was sure that there would be no problems, they were kept locked up. Heck I still keep them locked up, other than my carry which is never more than 3' away. I see no need to keep guns scattered around the house, if the neighborhood was that bad I'd move.

Look to the music, video games, Today’s idols/icons and everything about today’s culture for the answers. There’s a reason why things are this way now.
How about Major League Sports?
Don't forget the violence inherent in the system there.
Well, not baseball.
But the other Big Three? Totally.

Idaho school shooting: Teacher who disarmed student felt like angel was guiding her, father says​

Krista Gneiting identified as Rigby Middle School teacher who stopped shooter​

The Idaho middle school teacher who confronted and disarmed a sixth-grade student during a shooting on Thursday told family afterward that she felt like there was an "angel on my shoulder that was telling me what to say and what to do," her father told Fox News.

Dean Turnblom said his daughter Krista Gneiting sprang into action when she heard shots fired inside Rigby Middle School, where according to police a female student wounded three people after she pulled a handgun out of her backpack and opened fire.

Gneiting, an eighth-grade math teacher whose classroom is located about 20 to 30 feet from a door leading out of the school, "decided that since the shooting had sounded like it was down the hallway ... to let her kids get out of the room and run out through that door and get out to the high school," Turnblom told Fox News by phone on Friday.

Continues...

Back
Top Bottom