Sistema 1911

Garys

NES Member
Does anyone know anything about them? I've read a few things, mostly good about them. There is a place, which I won't name, that is adversing them with all matching numbers and bores in VG condition for about $300.00. From what I've read these were built under license from Colt and parts will interchange.

What I'm looking for is shooter, not a museum piece. Something that I can upgrade a bit, but not go crazy over.

After all, I promised my wife that I wouldn't buy anymore RIFLES for a while. <G>

Thoughts?

Gary

Gary,

The Argentine Sistema was built on equipment furnished by Colt and thus are exact replicas. They are good guns if they have not been abused. I don't know who is offering them at $300 but that is either a very good price or possibly an indication of well-used guns. I have two and they are good-shooting versions of the old 1911A1. If you can get one I would suggest that you do it and enjoy what just might be a very nice firearm. One caution, the magazines in my experience tend to be pretty poor so get a few good quality mags to use.

Here is a review that might help:

http://www.sightm1911.com/lib/review/sistema.htm

Here is a pic of one of mine:

ArgentineColt.jpg

Here is the quote from the site that describes what the $300.00 Sistema is like,

GRADE 1: The pistols will have an exterior condition that is at least very good. Frames, slides, and barrels will have matching numbers. Bores will be very nice.

If I can get my problem with the Collector's Grade SMLE straightened out, I'll have enough to buy one of these. I'm very tempted as it seems a way to get a decent pistol for a decent price. I can always work on "upgrades" as time and money permit.

I've heard other comments about the magazines, so that will be on my list to do if I get one of these.

Thanks,

Gary

Gary, don't get too excited. If it's the page I think it is, those were sold out a few years ago. No one has had any qty since then. Sorry...

Hmm you might be right. I think I'm a victim of "lack of web page updatitis". I hate when people do that, it's very inconsiderate.

Gary

Ya, I know the feeling. You can still find them every now and again but now they sell for around $400 or so. The few that I've seen were pretty beat up.

A certain friendly to deal with company that sends monthly flyers had some 9mm pistols a while back for sale in the GI45 style. Not sure if they were the same as what you guys are talking about.

JonJ said:
Ya, I know the feeling. You can still find them every now and again but now they sell for around $400 or so. The few that I've seen were pretty beat up.

Rats!

Back to the drawing board.

Gary

Milsurps 4 Me said:
A certain friendly to deal with company that sends monthly flyers had some 9mm pistols a while back for sale in the GI45 style. Not sure if they were the same as what you guys are talking about.

I was talking about Argentine Sistema 45s that were built from Colt tooling. Apparently the company couldn't bother to take down the page from six years ago. Sloppy.

Gary

Back
Top Bottom