Simple mosin nagant trigger job

I SEE ON YOU TUBE A WAY WITH A WASHER TO LIGHTEN THE TRIGGER ON THE NAGANTS USING A WASHER UNDER THE TRIGGER SCREW..IAM GOING TO TRY THIS ,,CHECK OUT YOUTUBE PRETTY DECENThttp://youtubemosinnagant 5.00 trigger job

WHY IS EVERYONE YELLING! HOW DO I TURNT THE VOLUME DOWN. IM GOING TO TRY THIS ON MY MOSIN! I HOPE IT WORKS WELL!

Anyone read that thinking of the cartoon Dilbert?

Don't do it!!!!!!!! You can actually make the trigger sear engage by simply hitting the rifle. I have seen a few guys who have tried it. It either did nothing or made the trigger in some cases so light it was dangerous.
If you want to take up the creep and make the trigger crisper do what the Finns did. They inserted a spring. There is a guy in Texas who makes them and he sells them on E bay. I have bought a bunch and they work great. I don't remember his name but will post it Monday. I am working tomorrow.

If you guys want to try it go for it, I am just giving you fair waning. I have witnessed first hand what happens sometimes when that "washer" is used. Place round in chamber, close bolt ..BANG, trigger never touched. Well the more I think about it that's probably the closest way we will ever get a Mosin to be a semi auto if we can cycle the bolt fast enough[laugh]

Last edited:
I found polishing the contact points to be a better improvement over the shim under the screw. For me its the long ass travel of the mosin trigger that gets me.

IT works great,i just got done and used a wire connector that looks like a washer,cutting off the wire connector part.then filed a flat spot to keep the washer from protuding into the magazine well.IT was better than the youtube video,with no trigger slop and crisp break at about 3-4 lbs.IT might be a better gun being 1955 polish,and thats why no trigger slop at all when done,,because there wasnt any b4.I used a insert that was chambered in 762x25,from cheap as dirt.pretty nice set up now with new stock,that i camo,ed away from all black.

It's a ****ing Mosin! Thousands of Germans were sent to Kraut heaven without washers, trigger jobs etc. learn to push the trigger! master the rifle for what it is! Hit a man sized target at 200meters. then work on hitting a paper plate at 200 meters!
Then fill the plate with holes from the rest of the spam can.

It's a ****ing Mosin! Thousands of Germans were sent to Kraut heaven without washers, trigger jobs etc. learn to push the trigger! master the rifle for what it is! Hit a man sized target at 200meters. then work on hitting a paper plate at 200 meters!
Then fill the plate with holes from the rest of the spam can.

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom